• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracless for months, I've finally made a JRS"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    If you go to your company's tax account, you can sign up for emails from HMRC that provide links to all the guides, webinars, etc about how to manage claims. Something comes out most weeks with guidance. There's also articles and guidance being written up on sites like AccountingWeb that aim to put the information into more a layman type format.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by oilboil View Post
    I'm not sure why they are using a calculation anyway, it looks like they are on "full-furlough" and not the part-time furlough option. In which case the government have built a calculator for determining the exact amount you can claim, no need to multiply anything, just give it the dates and your "basic" salary from the relevant PAYE period (either pay-run ending Mar 2020 or Oct 2020 depending on how you qualify for CJRS)
    Hmm. If you need an online portal to divide A / B for you then go for it, just be sure to sanity check it with a calculator!

I'm interested to know more on using Oct 2020 PAYE "depending on how you qualify for CJRS", if anyone can elaborate or can point to the guidance. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• oilboil
    replied
    Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    1) The claimable amount is based on PAYE submitted pre-March. You can award yourself any pay rise you like of course, but the government will not pay for it (just imagine if they did...). It looks as though you have over-claimed here.

2) Are you following any particular guidance to make the calculation based on working days (presumably M-F) rather than calendar days?
    I'm not sure why they are using a calculation anyway, it looks like they are on "full-furlough" and not the part-time furlough option. In which case the government have built a calculator for determining the exact amount you can claim, no need to multiply anything, just give it the dates and your "basic" salary from the relevant PAYE period (either pay-run ending Mar 2020 or Oct 2020 depending on how you qualify for CJRS)

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by cwah View Post
    For my salary calculation is the following:
    Max monthly furlough payment: £732 PAYE * 80% = £585.80
    Number of working day on November: 21
    Daily wage: 585.8/21 = £27.88

Total compensation for the 10 working days: £27.88 * 10 = £278.85

Will keep doing that every 2 weeks!
    1) The claimable amount is based on PAYE submitted pre-March. You can award yourself any pay rise you like of course, but the government will not pay for it (just imagine if they did...). It looks as though you have over-claimed here.

2) Are you following any particular guidance to make the calculation based on working days (presumably M-F) rather than calendar days?

Leave a comment:

• cwah
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    I claim at the end of every month for the month.

You can only claim 2 weeks in advance.

You have until the end of December to claim for November
    Ah ok, thanks for the clarifiation. that claim works as well

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    I claim at the end of every month for the month.

You can only claim 2 weeks in advance.

You have until the end of December to claim for November

Leave a comment:

• cwah
    started a topic Contracless for months, I've finally made a JRS

Contracless for months, I've finally made a JRS

I've been without contracts for months and because I didn't made any claim before July, I couldn't make any claim.

So I can only make claim for the new period starting from November 1st. You can start here:
    https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/coron...tention-scheme

It's fairly straightforward, however, it looks like the claims have to be done every 2 weeks:

This time I claim earlier so that I don't miss out.

I'll claim for this first 14 days period:

And the confirmation:

So it's a tiny amount, but every little help.

For my salary calculation is the following:
    Max monthly furlough payment: £732 PAYE * 80% = £585.80
    Number of working day on November: 21
    Daily wage: 585.8/21 = £27.88

Total compensation for the 10 working days: £27.88 * 10 = £278.85

Will keep doing that every 2 weeks!

Working...
X