• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Get rid of permie offers"

Collapse

• edison
    replied
    Or perhaps you can make it work positively for you and add some of these agents into your existing list of contacts and network? One day you may want to go back to being a permie. Or this agent may move to recruiting contractors rather than permies.

I am approached regularly for permie roles and always politely reply that I might be interested but it would need something really special to tempt me.

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    When I have uploaded my CV to the job boards it results in a higher rate of calls which at a guess I'd say are 50% for permie roles, until at some point presumably I drop off the search results. In between actively seeking roles I still get calls but these are more often well targeted and usually for contract work.

I think the answer is to just grin and bear with it. If you can, establish who the employerpotential direct client is, before making it clear you're contract only. So you have an idea who is recruiting and for what, and maybe you can get the agent to pass your CV to their pal at the next desk who deals with contractors only.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    I am 64 and have never had a permanent job in my life. Before I became an IT consultant I was always a temporary accountant. If some agent wishes to convince a client that I have finally decided to settle down I will pay the commission. I receive on average of 2 permanent job offers per week.
    Have you suggested that to a couple of agents?

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    I am 64 and have never had a permanent job in my life. Before I became an IT consultant I was always a temporary accountant. If some agent wishes to convince a client that I have finally decided to settle down I will pay the commission. I receive on average of 2 permanent job offers per week.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    AFAIK there is no way to remove the permie job calls. Some of them dont even read your CV, they just pick you out of a search of CVs with keyword matches and call the number or email address at the top of your CV.

One of these days I'm going to try removing my firstname/lastname from my CV and replace it with 'Cheeseslice LTD'.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Currently looking for new contract myself and found that while my CV being uploaded to the job sites has attracted a lot of calls for permie roles, a larger number of these calls than usual the agent has almost straight away said along the lines of "I realise you're a contractor but would you consider permie?" almost straight away saving quite a bit of time

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
    Hi,

It is stated that my last work experience was a contracting job, but i guess this is not enough.
    Why would that be enough to suggest your next role should also be a contract role ?

Leave a comment:

• gabox01
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Right at the top in bold.

*** Spontaneous order CV ***
    Java Consultant (I can't remember what I called myself)
    Looking for contract roles in London / East Anglia

Spontaneous is super awsome, and handsome enough to spontaneously combust mentally irregular Daily Mail columnists, etc etc.....

Skills & technologies:
    Java - Mediocre
    Tolerating clientCo who genuinely don't regard themselves as hackers - Barely passable
    Peripheral vision while spamming CUK / LinkedIn at work - Awsome
    Nice!
    I did just that. Hope it will work.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    And in which section did you mention that? Did you mention preffered daily rate as well?
    Right at the top in bold.

*** Spontaneous order CV ***
    Java Consultant (I can't remember what I called myself)
    Looking for contract roles in London / East Anglia

Spontaneous is super awsome, and handsome enough to spontaneously combust mentally irregular Daily Mail columnists, etc etc.....

Skills & technologies:
    Java - Mediocre
    Tolerating clientCo who genuinely don't regard themselves as hackers - Barely passable
    Peripheral vision while spamming CUK / LinkedIn at work - Awsome

Leave a comment:

• gabox01
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    My CV says contracts only, and what geographical areas I'm interested in.
    Got a few trying to convince me to take a permie role. But not too many.
    And in which section did you mention that? Did you mention preffered daily rate as well?

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    My CV says contracts only, and what geographical areas I'm interested in.
    Got a few trying to convince me to take a permie role. But not too many.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Shall i expecitly state it somewhere to get rid of these useless calls?
    Either this, or perhaps just send out thought waves and expect the agent to pick it up via psychic link.

But even if you state it explicitly, at best it will only reduce (not stop) these calls; these are agents we're talking about after all.

Leave a comment:

• gabox01
    started a topic Get rid of permie offers

Get rid of permie offers

Hi,

I've uploaded my CV to a number of places, and already tired of agents calling me to offer permanent positions.
    I guess i should make it clear in my CV, that i'm looking for contracting only. What is the best way to do that? Shall i expecitly state it somewhere to get rid of these useless calls?

It is stated that my last work experience was a contracting job, but i guess this is not enough.

Working...
X