• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Commerce partners

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commerce partners"

Collapse

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    They obviously don't realise contractors talk to each other or reputation is important.
    In what way is an agency's reputation with contractors important to the agency ?

Boo

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    Yes me
    They're doomed!

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Originally posted by Keldin View Post
    I've had a call from them about a role. Sounded like it was coming from the other side of the planet there was such a delay and echo on it. Anyway at the end of it they sent me the job spec after saying they will put me forward for it and also send another email wanting me to confirm I'm only represented by them etc and asking if I wish to 'opt out'. Haven't replied to it yet.

Now having read this I wish I hadn't even spoken to them. Has anyone ended up actually working through them?

K
    Yes me - in my capacity as someone who always manages to pick the fantastic agencies, Futuro being a particular favourite.

On a positive note they have a decent credit rating, they have always paid me on time, they re-worded my contract when I asked and they swapped my contract within 12 hours of the P4 fiasco.

On a more negative note they may be taking a big chunk of margin ... but on the other hand it could be my consultancy who is taking it, I don't have visibility of who it is!!

Windy

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Fantastic - I'd never read a Fleety thread before.

And one featuring Denny too

Leave a comment:

• Keldin
    replied
    I've had a call from them about a role. Sounded like it was coming from the other side of the planet there was such a delay and echo on it. Anyway at the end of it they sent me the job spec after saying they will put me forward for it and also send another email wanting me to confirm I'm only represented by them etc and asking if I wish to 'opt out'. Haven't replied to it yet.

Now having read this I wish I hadn't even spoken to them. Has anyone ended up actually working through them?

K

Leave a comment:

• Generalist
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    hear
    they're
    .. that's neither here nor there

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Name and Shame ahoy!!!

Leave a comment:

• Swashbuckler
    replied
    Shame I didn't read this thread before dealing with these jokers.

I'm sure they posted a fictional job position, as usually other agencies post the same role on Jobserve.

Reason I suspect that is when I phoned the guy up all he wanted to do was find out who I'd work with saying "it would help with my application".

Secondly he wouldn't reveal the client name.

Thirdly fobbed me off with "...going into a meeting now will call you this afternoon".

Can I name the individual or that a bit naughty?

Leave a comment:

• SSC M
    replied
    Ecom Guy

what was the reason for them not paying you for 4 weeks, was it financial difficulties or just admin problems.

did they give you a reason?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    , I send CVs you here nothing back and the few times I have phoned, there not there.
    hear
    they're

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    They obviously don't realise contractors talk to each other or reputation is important.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by HankWangford
    dont touch them, they p1ssed me around badly last year, Amy I think it was, promised me I'd got the gig, told me contract was coming.......even got e-mails confirming this......then job got pulled and they didnt even let me know, I had to phone the end client to find out.......fekin very low end scum agency

We're mere commodities, or didn't you know that?

Ever heard of a loaf of bread throwing a wobbly when it's not sold at the end of a day growing staler and more inedible by the minute, next to empty racks in the window ?

EB's view us in the same light.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    According to my db of roles applied for over the years, this agency advertises, I send CVs you here nothing back and the few times I have phoned, there not there.

Sounds like a bunch of tossers to me.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    A timely thread. I just saw a (badly worded) contract role with them and was going to enquire tomorrow. I won't now !

Leave a comment:

• Ecommguy
    replied
    Project Partners - Avoid or risk losing out

Hi Folks - read this thread and felt I should warn all who are thinking of doing business with these folks. I am stiill waiting to be paid for my last 4 weeks from them and dispite promises to do so, they have not. My umbrella company had to threaten them with legal action. Stay away if you are smart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X