• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "how do I safely negotiate a good rate"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Fair enough. I'd be pretty miffed if I got to the checkout with my 89p pot noodle and the lass on the checkout had a go at angling for £1.04 just in case.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    thanks guys, did not get it

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    There is no safe way. They will or wont pay the rate you ask for.
    Decide what you are worth/will accept and ask for it. Negotiate if you want to.
    I would suggest that you decide on an absolute minimum.

Try and find out what they were willing to pay a ponce and meet them half way or figure your own rate with a ponce earning 15% approx.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I would say that this depends on whether you have already pitched yourself at a given rate. If so, then it would be cheeky to change it, and your client would be well within their rights to tell you to f off if you did; if not then just pitch at the price you want and go from there. If there's no agency the client will know that you are cheap at whatever price it is, so don't worry about it.

If you have already given them a rate and they offer you that, then I'd take it and then try to renegotiate up after you've been there a while and shown them you can do the job well.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    started a topic how do I safely negotiate a good rate

how do I safely negotiate a good rate

Hi guys,

I had an interview today which i thought went well.
    I got the interview via the client not an agency.

interview went well as far as i was concerned, but they still have other people to interview. As you know, there is always a silly geek round the corner possibly with better answers so no guarantee that i'll get the contract

I know the rate will be better than what I am on now.

Since there is no agency involved, I would like to know if hopefuuuully they offer me the gig, if i can ask for more on whetever they are paying say about £25 more ?

Or is that just being greedy and could result in me not getting it ?

cheers

css_jay99

Working...
X