• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good, bad or indifferent"

Collapse

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Well I have a mortgage but I am not sure how much of a factor it is to my agency's application for one.
    I don't think a legitimate corporation applying for a mortgage is an issue so long as their credit rating still stacks up. My rule of thumb (and I think it is generous) is I want to see a credit rating greater than two weeks worth of my invoices. Most run-of-the-mill agencies won't show much in this area so to be doubly sure I also try to obtain details of their invoice discounters/factors, before I sign the contract. They tend to think it is very cheeky but who cares...... it is my money I am safeguarding and they usually will give me the info.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    to my agency's application for one.
    Ah, I see - you have had an alert set up to warn you of credit changes to the agency you are currently using - and an alert has popped up.

Hard to say without seeing the details. I would certainly investigate more, maybe check for new documents at Companies House

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    It's a massive cause for concern if you don't have a mortgage, or haven't applied for one.
    Well I have a mortgage but I am not sure how much of a factor it is to my agency's application for one.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Does anyone know whether this might be a cause for concern?
    It's a massive cause for concern if you don't have a mortgage, or haven't applied for one.

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    I don't honestly know but would think if a bank was willing to give them a mortgage, their finances can't be that bad.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    started a topic Good, bad or indifferent

Good, bad or indifferent

I have a credit watch on my agency and have just been given a 'Registration of a Mortgage' alert.

Does anyone know whether this might be a cause for concern?

Working...
X