• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone worked through Experis?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Why doesn't "the wife" post? If there is any indication of wrongdoing then you need to see a solicitor.
    Maybe this is her way of justifying hubby's salary from the company

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
    Because she can't be bothered. She is not on FB, Twitter or any of the other social media channels either.
    This forum can hardly be classed as "social media"? It has a social element to it, but its main purpose is to assist fellow Contractors.

If she can't be bothered, she is probably better off using an Umbrella and being taxed as PAYE?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Because she can't be bothered. She is not on FB, Twitter or any of the other social media channels either.
    Bebo and MySpace?

Leave a comment:

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    Why doesn't "the wife" post? If there is any indication of wrongdoing then you need to see a solicitor.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Worked though them a few years me ago, no issues got the rate I wanted, contract was reviewed and fine and they paid on time, even got a lunch out of the agent, what more could you want?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    The wife is just starting a new contract through them. Aside from misrepresentation, dishonesty, outright lying haggling rates (despite the client already having said "yes" and was willing to pay the original rate) and a poorly worded contract that is "IR35 safe" in the sense that the contractor will be firmly inside IR35 if the actual working conditions reflect the contract, I suppose it could be worse.

If at all possible, stay away.

Leave a comment:

• m0n1k3r
    replied
    I have worked with them and they were excellent? Contracts came through in time, paid weekly on the button, portal access and self billing all very smooth.
    The wife is just starting a new contract through them. Aside from misrepresentation, dishonesty, outright lying haggling rates (despite the client already having said "yes" and was willing to pay the original rate) and a poorly worded contract that is "IR35 safe" in the sense that the contractor will be firmly inside IR35 if the actual working conditions reflect the contract, I suppose it could be worse.

If at all possible, stay away.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I have worked with them and they were excellent? Contracts came through in time, paid weekly on the button, portal access and self billing all very smooth.
    Much the same for me.

Interviewed on a Monday and started the following Monday, all very straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    Yup, just about to start a new gig via Experis - no issues whatsoever through the entire process.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by navjeetsingh12345 View Post
    Could you please let me know for which employer they lied, I am facing similar situation with their Altrincham office staff, I thought that the job is in my hand but they are taking a lot of time in giving me the joining date.
    Keep looking for other roles

Leave a comment:

• navjeetsingh12345
    replied
    Originally posted by steveuk View Post
    Well well well. I would say stay away guys from Experis, specially dealing with their Altrincham office. They will make you suffer during their recruitment process.

Ever experienced signing the contract and then getting told the start date, then having no communication from them, when you even try they would not respond, would no provide you any detials in regards to location or place of work. Then you get called in the office and you hear the news that the client have revoked your contract?

NO professionalism and ethics of this organization. I also heard stories from other colleagues who have worked through them, they will play games with you, very dishonest organization.

Could you please let me know for which employer they lied, I am facing similar situation with their Altrincham office staff, I thought that the job is in my hand but they are taking a lot of time in giving me the joining date.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    Originally posted by summerS View Post
    This is the first time I'm using Experis and they have sent through a contract with the following clause:

The Company acknowledges and agrees that it shall not have the right to terminate this Agreement for any reason prior to the end date of this Agreement other than for a material breach of this Agreement by Experis which cannot be remedied within 21 days of receipt of written notice from the Company to Experis.

Has anyone else had that in a contract before? I never have and am concerned about signing this contract now.
    In slightly different words, from time to time and agency to agency, but a standard exclusion clause all the same. Usually found in the main body of a contract and then over-ridden by side letter or specific assignment appendix.

Don't fall for the first hurdle you see in standard, all purpose, catch-all, legal eagle constructed claptrap. Make sure any conditions that have been directly devised to cover you are in a side letter or appendix (also signed as part of the main contract).

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I was with Experis for about 17 months, and they were fine "for me", I don't expect to have weekly chats with the agent to see how it was going, I only expect to hear from them to say a new extension was offered. I had a couple of snafu's when it came to payment, but they resolved it quickly and given their payment terms were weekly invoices and payment the following Friday I have very little to complain about during my time.

But then again it comes down to exectations, I wanted nothing from them, and I was satisfied when I got it.

Leave a comment:

• steveuk
    replied
    Experis permanent roles

Well well well. I would say stay away guys from Experis, specially dealing with their Altrincham office. They will make you suffer during their recruitment process.

Ever experienced signing the contract and then getting told the start date, then having no communication from them, when you even try they would not respond, would no provide you any detials in regards to location or place of work. Then you get called in the office and you hear the news that the client have revoked your contract?

NO professionalism and ethics of this organization. I also heard stories from other colleagues who have worked through them, they will play games with you, very dishonest organization.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X