• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hows the UK market at the moment"

Collapse

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagalier View Post
    wondering how the UK contract market is generally?
    You ain't ever gonna get a straight answer to that question here.

Check out http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/ for some guidance. If you are returning with gold in great store then now might be a good time to exchange some currency back into sterling, depending on where you've been. Check out historical exchange rates and see how the pound is doing.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Ah I see not much has changed around here.
    In amoungst the scot and beer jibes I guess that means things are generally not too bad?

I won't be straying north of the border, intend to stay well down in the south east... Thames Valley or London.
    Got a mainly banking and finance background but have done all sorts.

Anyone got realistic current rate ranges for test managers down south?
    Well, I'm manageing to stay in the £450-£550 range 'ahp norf' so, going by one of the previous posts, you should be looking for three times that but to be honest, I have my doubts about that Any rate you're happy with is a good rate

Leave a comment:

• Beagalier
    replied
    Ah I see not much has changed around here.
    In amoungst the scot and beer jibes I guess that means things are generally not too bad?

I won't be straying north of the border, intend to stay well down in the south east... Thames Valley or London.
    Got a mainly banking and finance background but have done all sorts.

Anyone got realistic current rate ranges for test managers down south?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I would, but not because of the poofs
    I can only drink proper Scottish beer, like Becks or Guinness
    Ah, a Scott! Now I understand why you've spent most of this thread talking about "poofs" and "homosexuals": It's the "skirt" thing with you, isn't it - can't stand the thought of another man dressing up as a woman...

That and the language barrier. You southern shandy drinkers don't appear to be able to decipher one's accent old chap, what ho ?
    Correct, language, not accent. Norse != English.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Well, at least you'd have no problem "fitting in"..
    I would, but not because of the poofs

That stuff they sell in the pubs, brownish, comes in pints (a bit like myself !!) and I believe they call it 'beer'. All English beer tastes like dishwater. I can only drink proper Scottish beer, like Becks or Guinness

That and the language barrier. You southern shandy drinkers don't appear to be able to decipher one's accent old chap, what ho ?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Think I may move to London after all, despite the homosexuals
    Well, at least you'd have no problem "fitting in"..

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    I do. And it's booming. And rates, as usual, are double/treble what you Hardened Northern Drinkers are getting (and I'm saying that as a Northerner myself. )
    So you're on £1200 - £1800 a day then ? Well done !! Think I may move to London after all, despite the homosexuals

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    London ? Who cares.
    I do. And it's booming. And rates, as usual, are double/treble what you Hardened Northern Drinkers are getting (and I'm saying that as a Northerner myself. )

Bunch of shandy drinking pansies. What industry is your background in?
    I find shandy a little too strong for my constitution these days. I prefer a still water, but do try to restrict myself to 4 or less a day.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Hey,
    Am returning soon to the UK after a few years working overseas and am wondering how the UK contract market is generally? Have not kept up with things as was not really intending on coming back but circumstances mean I need to for a while.
    Am a test manager with over 15 years experience and have never been out of work for long.

Absolutely terrible for test managers mate. Awful. Not seen any jobs for about 5 years. Don't be coming back here flooding the market with your test management skills

Actually, I'm finding it pretty good. Where in the country will you be ? Jock market is ok, yorkshire was booming last year. London ? Who cares. Bunch of shandy drinking pansies. What industry is your background in ?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Hey,
    Am returning soon to the UK after a few years working overseas and am wondering how the UK contract market is generally? Have not kept up with things as was not really intending on coming back but circumstances mean I need to for a while.
    Am a test manager with over 15 years experience and have never been out of work for long.
    that's the $64,000 question.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    It's ****ed.

Leave a comment:

• Beagalier
    started a topic Hows the UK market at the moment

Hows the UK market at the moment

Hey,

Working...
X