• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Helpful Advice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Helpful Advice"

Collapse

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Forumbore
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

Any idea what that means Denny?
    Nope. I gave up on it after the first bit which seemed utter rot to me.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Have you thought of trying to synchronise your fingers with your brain?
    I do. I think fast, I type fast.

Why does it take you half an hour to type a sentence?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    shouldn't that be 'their' shallow draughts.....
    No, read it properly.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    I'm not called trigger fingers for nothing.
    Have you thought of trying to synchronise your fingers with your brain?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

shouldn't that be 'their' shallow draughts.....

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    You been going through your police record?
    What's your address?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    You been going through your police record?

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    We dont want people to think you are just an armchair arrogant big head now do we?

Again, that is totally incorrect and displays your considerable ignorance still further.

I am a OFFICE CHAIR arrogant big head.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    We dont want people to think you are just an armchair arrogant big head now do we?

Again, that is totally incorrect and displays your considerable ignorance still further.

I am a OFFICE CHAIR arrogant big head.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    You seem to have gone to an awful lot of trouble to investigate this whole thing. Couple of questions:

How do you find time for working (assuming you do work)?
    What specific experiences have you had? (No need to name names)

I write most of the time, as well as contract in a change management capacity. I also type bloody fast and know what I want I want to write so I don't labour that long over these posts trying to think and research what I want to say and then typing it all out using only two fingers.

That long 'Helpful Advice' post was mainly cut and paste from previous writing and the rest typed at lightening speed. It took about 15 minutes in total.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied

perhaps you can give us examples of some of the instances of client and agency behaviour that so upsets you.

Read my past posts. There's plenty of examples on these. My 'helpful advice' thread which effectively makes me the Anna Raeburn of contracting wisdom also alludes to the issues I find so reprehensible from clients and recruiters.

Oh, I forgot. You are probably incapable of gaining insights from such a long post, which is probably a struggle for someone of your inferior intellect. Perhaps when you've managed to read the entire Janet and John series unaided by mummy or teacher you might be able to do this yourself in good time.

By the way, 'alludes' means 'makes reference to' in case you didn't know.
    You seem to have gone to an awful lot of trouble to investigate this whole thing. Couple of questions:

How do you find time for working (assuming you do work)?
    What specific experiences have you had? (No need to name names)

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Bearing in mind that this board is supposedly for intelligent debate Denny, I will bow to your superior intelligence and give you the opportunity to display your talent. So instead of resorting to insulting behaviour (something that I of course would not do ) perhaps you can give us examples of some of the instances of client and agency behaviour that so upsets you.

Now I know that I am not very bright, and that obviously I am getting ripped off by agents. However I like to think that I am pretty streetwise and I reckon that I can head off agency/client problems at the pass.

I may be wrong but someone of your intellect will no doubt be able to offer me enlightenment. After all we should both be on the same side.
    perhaps you can give us examples of some of the instances of client and agency behaviour that so upsets you.

Read my past posts. There's plenty of examples on these. My 'helpful advice' thread which effectively makes me the Anna Raeburn of contracting wisdom also alludes to the issues I find so reprehensible from clients and recruiters.

Oh, I forgot. You are probably incapable of gaining insights from such a long post, which is probably a struggle for someone of your inferior intellect. Perhaps when you've managed to read the entire Janet and John series unaided by mummy or teacher you might be able to do this yourself in good time.

By the way, 'alludes' means 'makes reference to' in case you didn't know.

Leave a comment:

• Forumbore
    replied
    Serves the ****er right.
    Bearing in mind that this board is supposedly for intelligent debate Denny, I will bow to your superior intelligence and give you the opportunity to display your talent. So instead of resorting to insulting behaviour (something that I of course would not do ) perhaps you can give us examples of some of the instances of client and agency behaviour that so upsets you.

Now I know that I am not very bright, and that obviously I am getting ripped off by agents. However I like to think that I am pretty streetwise and I reckon that I can head off agency/client problems at the pass.

I may be wrong but someone of your intellect will no doubt be able to offer me enlightenment. After all we should both be on the same side.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    ouch!

Mailman
    Serves the ****er right.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    ouch!

Mailman