• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New contract with Accenture"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I suggest you watch your back, you may be brought in as a fall guy.

Don't worry about it, there will be verry little you can do to save yourself.

Just learn as much as you can for your next role.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    Don't listen to these gimps. 25 an hour is ok for your first try and the experience you get is worth far more.
    And it will probably still be more than the permies get paid...

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Don't listen to these gimps. 25 an hour is ok for your first try and the experience you get is worth far more.

Leave a comment:

• KpMrJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    And yes, £25 p/h is extremely low; what role are you doing?
    25ph * 40 / 5 days = £200 per day
    25ph * 37.5 / 5 = £ 187.50 per day

Either way that is low, especially for a 'management' role or are you more on the engineering or administration ( PSO etc ) side.
    Just keep in mind ASSenture will be billing you in for circa £ 1K per day ++

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Despite what anyone says, ACN is great to have on your CV.

And yes, £25 p/h is extremely low; what role are you doing?

P

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by MrHelpful View Post
    Working for Accenture... will be definetly "for" rather then "with"... great bunch of people to see how they operate - slick and professional.... its a well oiled machined.
    You must be fookin joking or were you being ironic?

Having had accenture come in and try to 'save' a project I was involved in.

All i can say is, they are the biggest bunch of clown shoe wearing cock-nobbers I've ever had the miss-fortune to be associated with.
    All the comments previously about BS, golfing, rugby playing, stripy shirted f*ckwits. Is completely and wholly true.

I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, hadn't a clue. As for working long hours, not this bunch in late out early with a long lunch in-between ( must have all been contractors ).
    Needless to say they didn't last long & the project was saved, by bringing in the right personnel with the right knowledge ( ahem, that'll be me then )

Good luck on your first contract, even with ASSenture. Hope you've got a game face as you're going to need one
    this is more like it

Leave a comment:

• KpMrJ
    replied
    Clown shoe waering cock-nobbers

Having had accenture come in and try to 'save' a project I was involved in.

All i can say is, they are the biggest bunch of clown shoe wearing cock-nobbers I've ever had the miss-fortune to be associated with.
    All the comments previously about BS, golfing, rugby playing, stripy shirted f*ckwits. Is completely and wholly true.

I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, hadn't a clue. As for working long hours, not this bunch in late out early with a long lunch in-between ( must have all been contractors ).
    Needless to say they didn't last long & the project was saved, by bringing in the right personnel with the right knowledge ( ahem, that'll be me then )

Good luck on your first contract, even with ASSenture. Hope you've got a game face as you're going to need one

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Accidenture, the rabbit hutch consultancy. First there's two, then four, then eight. Next thing you're over-run with the buggers.

Leave a comment:

• MrHelpful
    replied
    Working for Accenture... will be definetly "for" rather then "with"... great bunch of people to see how they operate - slick and professional.... its a well oiled machined. However if your a contractor don't be suprised to be treated as an "outsider" and be on guard... if you don't know something just stay quiet or BS, BS, BS.... thats what they all do! just make sure you like steak, rugby and golf and your 75% there.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by stacks View Post
    I've just moved onto a project where Accenture are involved and jesus christ their people put in some long hours!
    of which 50% is working for the client and 50% is spent on devious plots to sell them more projects.

If your contract is with Accenture and they are just paying the invoices through NetworkersMSB then that is probably OK. Make sure your actual contract isn't with NetworkersMSB though... or if it unavoidably is, make sure you check it for exclusivity clauses, and make sure they haven't put any on Accenture's side either.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    From everything I have read...and I have spent a lot of time reading, Ltd Co. Is the way to go on a £25p/h rate....am I right?
    I guess you will learn the hard way. I spent about 6 months on these forums and asking friends and collegues about contracting before I went into it and even then it was a shock to the system - but now I am starting to reap the rewards.

£25/hour is very low for a contract, what are you doing there to warrant such a low rate?

Leave a comment:

• jackso11
    replied
    From everything I have read...and I have spent a lot of time reading, Ltd Co. Is the way to go on a £25p/h rate....am I right?

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by jackso11 View Post
    first time contracting so new to this, but umberella companies are saying I can end up taking home 86.44% of what I earn if I claim back tax for various things, at amounts pre-approved by HMRC.....is this right or is it a sure fire way of getting in trouble?
    Don't believe everything an Umbrella tells you. It depends on how much expenses you take from the salary, how much tax you pay for the employee and employer (NI and Income Tax - Don't be fooled into thinking the Umbrella pays this out of their profits, it comes out of your rate!).

Leave a comment:

• stacks
    replied
    I've just moved onto a project where Accenture are involved and jesus christ their people put in some long hours! Best of luck but I think for a first contract expect to be run hard!

Leave a comment:

• stacks
    replied
    there may be trouble ahead...

Originally posted by jackso11 View Post
    first time contracting so new to this, but umberella companies are saying I can end up taking home 86.44% of what I earn if I claim back tax for various things, at amounts pre-approved by HMRC.....is this right or is it a sure fire way of getting in trouble?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X