• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent wants more cover from Professional Indemnity Insurance"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Son of Tay View Post
    £400 seems a lot. I have mine for around half of that amount.
    A lot depends on your type of work.

Mention the words "construction" or "design of warehouse" i.e. my field of work and watch them either say a) no cover or b) no that isn't a phone number its your quote.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Take out the accident cover and my premium for last year was £154.88. Some of the quotes I've seen for similar cover are ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by willjohns View Post
    I pay £400 for mine, so does a guy I work with who earns £120k!

I think for £1m PI, £5m PL and the rest with the accident ebenfit I thought this was good. Has anyone found anything better..?
    Nope, I pay £500 for similar. Still, client insisted it was in place - pronto - so I just went for one they and I were happy with. And 1 years worth of contracting at £600 / day in an investment bank kinda makes it all worth while. I've honestly forgot about the whole thing now. Let's hope the OP sees sense and just "bites the bullet" too.

Leave a comment:

• Son of Tay
    replied
    £400 seems a lot. I have mine for around half of that amount.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by lovelybrownelbows View Post
    would you really? the man who can't even tell a client he isnt accepting an extension without someone holding his hand would tell them to **** off and walk away from a contract for the sake of a few quid?

absurd.
    Seems like you dont need to practise at being a mong. It comes naturally to you.

I'd say it was pretty absurd that some people, ie you, cant read a thread properly. When you've read the thread properly and used a bit of commonsense, I may give you the time of day (I did say may just in case you get that wrong as well).

Leave a comment:

• lovelybrownelbows
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Agree with you there. Different contracts. different amounts.

The OP should tell the agent he'll increase cover when the current one runs out. If they demand it, I'd tell them to **** off.
    would you really? the man who can't even tell a client he isnt accepting an extension without someone holding his hand would tell them to **** off and walk away from a contract for the sake of a few quid?

absurd.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

The OP should tell the agent he'll increase cover when the current one runs out. If they demand it, I'd tell them to **** off.
    If you're in a position to do so only...

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bollocks.

Different contracts want different amounts. Some don't specifically ask for any or give an amount.

Before you get upset with me again pointing out what you write isn't the holy grail there have been other posts on this...............

Leave a comment:

• willjohns
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Interesting above - how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking ? Monthly/Annually ?
    I pay £400 for mine, so does a guy I work with who earns £120k!

I think for £1m PI, £5m PL and the rest with the accident ebenfit I thought this was good. Has anyone found anything better..?

The do recommend a friend I noticed in an email the other day so you could make some money on it...

Used to be with Dallas, but they have the spread PI thing.

Will

Leave a comment:

• Billy Pilgrim
    replied
    three out of my last four have been a million.

You'd be mental not to cover it if thats what they want !!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    It's not your pointing out that gets to me - it's the lack of respect you offer to anyone who doesn't tally up with what you believe.
    The only reason you get shown a lack of respect is that you generally post without any reliable reference information or indicating its from your experience.

Other posters including the other agent that posts on here have views I don't agree with but due to how they put their point across I have no reason not to respect them.

You'll notice I don't post on this forum to generate business, candidates, contracts or margins - purely to give you guys the benefit of my experience - perhaps remember that?
    Unfortunately due to some of your previous posts that's hard to believe.

I might sometimes write it as if it's holy grail, for which I tentatively apologise, but in this context, the OP is talking about a couple of hundred quids business expense, to gain a number of thousand pounds worth of business - it's hardly rocket science to suggest that he/she just swallows a couple of hundred quid, and stops moaning - there are many who would bite his/her arm off to be in this situation.
    Agreed on this. If you want the contract then get the PI.

I have not stated that different contracts don't need different amounts - what I'm saying is that £1m PI is pretty standard stuff when no other amount is requested
    It isn't.

You don't have to do much of a search on here to find that different clients and agencies require different amounts.

Plus off my head the last 4 contracts (all in different industries) I've had not one requested an amount for PI when I queried only one required me to have higher than £250,000 and that amount was £0.5 million.

- I've worked for two businesses over the last 5 years, and they've ALWAYS requested £1million PI, unless specifically requested higher by the client.
    Two businesses != everyone

(Then neither is 4 but I did say use this site's very good search facility)

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by willjohns View Post
    Kingsbridge offer a set package of insurance, I have been with them for 3 years now. They provide £1m Professional Indemnity as standard. I have £1m PI, £5m PL, with £100k Pwersonal Accident and death benefit too which includes £500 weekly benefit. The price has not changed, and you can purchase instantly online.

Most of the guys I know use them, and they range from IT, to Engineers!

Will
    Interesting above - how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking ? Monthly/Annually ?

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bollocks.

Different contracts want different amounts. Some don't specifically ask for any or give an amount.

Before you get upset with me again pointing out what you write isn't the holy grail there have been other posts on this...............
    It's not your pointing out that gets to me - it's the lack of respect you offer to anyone who doesn't tally up with what you believe. You'll notice I don't post on this forum to generate business, candidates, contracts or margins - purely to give you guys the benefit of my experience - perhaps remember that?

I might sometimes write it as if it's holy grail, for which I tentatively apologise, but in this context, the OP is talking about a couple of hundred quids business expense, to gain a number of thousand pounds worth of business - it's hardly rocket science to suggest that he/she just swallows a couple of hundred quid, and stops moaning - there are many who would bite his/her arm off to be in this situation.

I have not stated that different contracts don't need different amounts - what I'm saying is that £1m PI is pretty standard stuff when no other amount is requested - I've worked for two businesses over the last 5 years, and they've ALWAYS requested £1million PI, unless specifically requested higher by the client.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    £1 million is fairly standard really.
    Bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• willjohns
    replied
    Kingsbridge Professional Solutions

Kingsbridge offer a set package of insurance, I have been with them for 3 years now. They provide £1m Professional Indemnity as standard. I have £1m PI, £5m PL, with £100k Pwersonal Accident and death benefit too which includes £500 weekly benefit. The price has not changed, and you can purchase instantly online.

Most of the guys I know use them, and they range from IT, to Engineers!

Will

Leave a comment:

Working...
X