• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jones Beckett

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jones Beckett"

Collapse

• crazyfrog
    replied
    another year another report

Another year gone by and another report from Griffins - they seem to have been spending all their time investigation the previous liquidators and not pursuing Jones Beckett. It looks like any money received from the dishonesty of the previous liquidator will be used to pay the costs of the current. Anything left will go to NatWest and RBS

Leave a comment:

• DTexas
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyfrog View Post
    Is there anything we can do to bring a private law suit against Beckett and Jones ? I long ago gave up home of seeing any money but it would be interesting to have my day in court with them
    My understanding is that if the authorities in some way find the Directors guilty of misconduct or fraud, that this can be used as a basis for a private raid on his personal wealth.

However, trying to get someone to nail them with something is proving very difficult. Griffins ought to be investigating conduct but are taking forever.

Leave a comment:

• crazyfrog
    replied
    Info from Insolvency company

I got a letter from Griffins this week. They are still looking into all of this mess.

Forgive me for being a bit of a cynic (again) but they managed to recover 54K this year, and their costs ? 55K . This just seems to be snouts-in-the-trough.

Is there anything we can do to bring a private law suit against Beckett and Jones ? I long ago gave up home of seeing any money but it would be interesting to have my day in court with them

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    It wouldn't come under a FOI request. You could however make an subject access request.

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public...al_information

I would imagine their Privacy Policy is on their website, that might give you the information you need.

It is entirely possible that the data was purchased perfectly legally as an asset from a previous company. Where they may have fallen down is by not informing you.

Leave a comment:

• CowboyTed
    replied
    Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
    found this which is hopefully what the liquidator should be looking into, article on wrongful trading. JBA tick many of the boxes.

Is the company insolvent? If yes then the directors must act properly and responsibly. If they do not act properly or the way any reasonable person would have acted, then this may possibly be seen as acting wrongfully or trading whilst insolvent.

If wrongful trading is proven, then the directors can be made personally liable for the company’s debts from the time they knew the company was insolvent.

The tests for wrongful trading actions include:

1. Not filing Annual Returns for the company at Companies House.

2. Not filing annual or audited accounts at Companies House.

3. Not operating the PAYE scheme correctly, failing to pay PAYE and NIC when due, building up arrears.

4. Not operating the VAT scheme correctly, building up arrears.

5. Taking excessive salaries when the company cannot afford them.

6. Taking credit from suppliers where there was no "reasonable prospect" of paying the creditor on time.

7. Willfully piling up debt.

8. When in a hole keeping digging!

The question I would have to ask is where did JBA data go. Broadgate set up pretty quickly afterwards... A simple freedom of information could release where this data has gone from JBA to Broadgate to next company.

Since you can say you never gave your data to Broadgate or what ever Nick Beckett company comes up...

Transfering this data is a crime... I breaks you Data Protection rights.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    Apparently the insolvency service are not going to do anything. Their extremely narrow criteria means they won't look at this case. It's now down to the new liquidators, who seem in no rush to investigate. Even if they find wrongdoing they won't necessarily pursue these people. Steal a mars bar down the local Asda or say something offensive about someone's lifestyle and you'll get the full force of the law on you of course.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    The new liquidators are Griffins. But they have to investigate not only the original company and its directors but the previous insolvency company as well. This won't be resolved any time soon.

Not sure what to suggest except to encourage forum members affected to write to your local MP's to ask for the Government to step in and speed this whole thing up.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    I am not sure why a court order changed the liquidators? The original ones were Bond Partners. A simple google search reveals some things about them:-

Former Bond Partners director banned | AccountingWEB

http://www.insolvencynews.com/articl...ificant-claims
    Last edited by masonryan; 16 October 2013, 23:54.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    If anyone tries to google search the two directors names, which I understand to be Nick Beckett and Fiona Meenan, there is hardly no record of them being directors of JBA Ltd. This includes Nick Beckett's LinkedIn page. Why?

It does show they were directors of Broadgate IT Ltd (07101834), of which Beckett is stil director since 11 December 2009.

Then Nick Beckett was director of Broadgate IT (Contracting) Ltd (07233815) which closed June 2010.

Also he is now a director of :
    Capax Resource Management Limited (07698558)
    since 31 August 2011.
    Last edited by masonryan; 16 October 2013, 22:48.

Leave a comment:

• masonryan
    replied
    I think the latest letter said the old liquidators had been removed, something to do with a high court decision, and that now a new set of liquidators are on board. Does anyone have the latest?

Leave a comment:

• crazyfrog
    replied
    Originally posted by svb70 View Post
    So, time has passed and we have all moved on. I received a letter from liquidators today to attend another meeting. Phoned up to ask about the outcome of whether they concluded that the director acted fraudulently and was told a confidential letter will be sent to 'business innovation and skills' regarding their outcome.
    Had a quick look, Broadgate is being wound up as no accounts have been filed. Beckett is now director at Capax Resource Management.
    I also got the letter.

If you read it closely it turns out that Broadgate IT bought some of the assets of JBA. Which I think is a a bit rich considering Beckett was siphoning off the assets to Broadgate prior to JBA going t**s up

The 100k "loan" to the other directory looks like it will never be recovered

Any money the liquidators recover goes directly to paying the liquidator costs

This really does stink and there's nothing we can do about it

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    I have been told that the only way to get money from the directors is if they are found guilty of some kind of fraud from this then sue them personally, perhaps through small claims court. As we can't go after their new businesses. So please let us know if you hear of them in a court anytime soon. It's sad the liquidators aren't telling us their real findings here.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by svb70 View Post
    So, time has passed and we have all moved on. I received a letter from liquidators today to attend another meeting. Phoned up to ask about the outcome of whether they concluded that the director acted fraudulently and was told a confidential letter will be sent to 'business innovation and skills' regarding their outcome.
    Had a quick look, Broadgate is being wound up as no accounts have been filed. Beckett is now director at Capax Resource Management.
    Don't expect the BIS to do anything.

While liquidators in a few cases do ask for directors to be struck off the BIS don't listen.

Leave a comment:

• svb70
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by SharePoint Assassin View Post
    I bet they are doing the same thing at a new company, disgusting, avoid them like the plague
    You're probably right, though general fear amongst website owners means we aren't easily able to 'out' these dodgy characters by way of a blacklist for fear of libel or abuse of the list by cretins.

So scum like this lot will continue to flout the lax business laws that allow them to 'do a runner', put on a phoenix costume, and resume business under a different name when their crap business skills land them unable to pay their dues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X