• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: FSA Vetting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FSA Vetting"

Collapse

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    That sounds familiar. i have replied back to them with "the info you have requested is on page x of the form" about 3 times now

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I have dealt with two clients within financial services this year and both times they used First Advantage Europe to do the vetting. I only went through the process once, but am hoping that if another client uses the same company they wont phone all my contacts again, but keep it in their database for future reference
    My current clientco used First Advantage Europe to do my vetting dated to the past 5 years. Took them 3 months to complete this, including repeated requests for the same information to be provided over and over again. I was tempted to start billing them for the time I was having to waste in doing this...

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I have dealt with two clients within financial services this year and both times they used First Advantage Europe to do the vetting. I only went through the process once, but am hoping that if another client uses the same company they wont phone all my contacts again, but keep it in their database for future reference
    They won't.

The vetting agency for my current Banking gig. as well as the Bank themselves say that even if you do a gig for them and come back in the same year you still have to go through the full procedure. That is standard policy at most banks.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    CRB checks? Are you working with kids or vunerable adults!?
    Traders?

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    CRB checks? Are you working with kids or vunerable adults!?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bookworm View Post
    I have recently managed to get a gig at a large bank in City, and as my fellow colleagues have informed me, they have to do extensive vetting before I can start, 10 year Employment references, CRB check, and credit check. Whilst I understand that these are the rules and happy to co-operate I am hoping that I do not have to go through this everytime I change contracts within the financial sector.... or am I in for a bureaucratic nightmare with this?

Can I just not pay someone to keep my vetting up to date, there must be a company that can do this surely so that I do not have to do this everytime I change contracts.

Any guidance would be appreciated
    Just been through this for the IB role I've just started. I crossed out every single section on the form that talked about "employment." I only filled in the section for "self-employed" people or "those who have been a Director of a company." I then simply stated that my employment for the last 20 years had been with the same company and that my Accountant could verify that. I've had no problems whatsoever. I did get contacted by the vetting agency (all these checks are done via external agencies, not the Bank) as I'd forgot to give my Accountants phone number; after I emailed them that, they spoke to him and were happy.

This is the third role in finance in the last 3 years in which I've done that. Tip for the future, I guess.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• JTaz
    replied
    Just one of many at the moment, seems that I have come on board with quite a few individuals and we are all just waiting for these checks to be done. I know I will have no problems with the checks but 10 years worth of work references seems excessive. If I had realised I would of ensured that I had a complete record of everything I have done at my fingertips to speed up the process, being told might take up to 6 weeks to get finalised. is this normal?
    I went through the same sort of check a few years ago and it took 4 weeks. I actually started hassling my agency contact at the time after 3 weeks of waiting for the checks until the person doing the checks actually called me to clarify a work reference. It's a pain in the ??? for us but those companies that do the checking must be rolling in it.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Just one of many at the moment, seems that I have come on board with quite a few individuals and we are all just waiting for these checks to be done. I know I will have no problems with the checks but 10 years worth of work references seems excessive. If I had realised I would of ensured that I had a complete record of everything I have done at my fingertips to speed up the process, being told might take up to 6 weeks to get finalised. is this normal?
    It seems like a waste of time to me. If you need approved person status then you can't work unsupervised until you've got it (it does carry over if did the same role at a different bank IIRC). If you don't need it, then you don't need vetting.

Leave a comment:

• Bookworm
    replied
    Every Tom Dick and Harry

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Or are banks becoming more jittery and doing vetting for every Tom & Dick these days?
    Or creating even more bogus reasons for justifying claims that they cannot find any 'suitable' British staff and they need to ship in Bob or one of his pals.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Are you doing a role requiring "approved person" status?

Or are banks becoming more jittery and doing vetting for every Tom & Dick these days?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    That "bureaucratic nightmare" is somebody's job, and they won't thank you for making it easy for them!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman_1
    replied
    I have recently managed to get a gig at a large bank in City, and as my fellow colleagues have informed me, they have to do extensive vetting before I can start, 10 year Employment references, CRB check, and credit check. Whilst I understand that these are the rules and happy to co-operate I am hoping that I do not have to go through this everytime I change contracts within the financial sector.... or am I in for a bureaucratic nightmare with this?

Can I just not pay someone to keep my vetting up to date, there must be a company that can do this surely so that I do not have to do this everytime I change contracts.

Different banks use different agancies to do the vetting. They probably dont trust each other or even government security clearances. It looks like you in for a check every time you change contracts if the client requires it.

Leave a comment:

• Bookworm
    started a topic FSA Vetting

FSA Vetting

Working...
X