• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Validating Job Specs"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by chetty View Post
    I beg your pardon?
    Are <pause>you <pause>that <pause>new <pause>chutney <pause>wallah?

Leave a comment:

• chetty
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Are you that new chutney wallah?
    I beg your pardon?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by chetty View Post
    some rubbish
    Are you that new chutney wallah?

Leave a comment:

• chetty
    replied
    I was recently reviewing some official governments documentation relating to the eGovurnment initiative and I can tell you as an Indian that even I was surprised by the bad grammar. Also as a security expert I'm worried that bad English can introduce ambiguity which is never a good thing at all.

Leave a comment:

• explorer
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Out of pure curiosity I thought I would look at the properties of the job spec which I just received from an agency for their client, the Home Office. The document was written by someone at Fujitsu.

Could this be a clue that the job is a fake?

Any thoughts??
    Although it's widely believed that agencies have been using cheap tactics (like advertising non-existent jobs) for collecting CVs and other reasons, I don't think any of them would have the guts to associate a fake spec to an arbitrary company, and start "recruiting". The moment they name the client, there's a real danger of someone coming to know of the scam, for ex, by speaking to an aquitance who works for the client, or another agency who's in the concerned company's PSL. They will then find it difficult to find a corner to hide.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Surely there's a startbucks nearby?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    What's not nice at the HO?
    It's public sector, so my guess would be the coffee and the women

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    What's not nice at the HO?

Leave a comment:

• stillooking
    replied
    Out of pure curiosity I thought I would look at the properties of the job spec which I just received from an agency for their client, the Home Office. The document was written by someone at Fujitsu.

Any thoughts??
    I've had Home Office JD's with fujitsu in the 'properties' box, wouldn't worry about it too much, it still might be a non-job though. Home Office is not a nice place to be though, for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Yep....

But we're not Anglian Water????

Called 'leveraging'.
    Last edited by Tingles; 4 August 2009, 15:46.

Leave a comment:

• dude69
    replied
    Also managers can be very lazy and incompetent. Especially those working for the government. I've seen people download things off the web with another company's name on, and pass it off as belonging to them. Often they don't remove the old company's name.

Indian outsourcers I worked with did this. Very embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Thank you Mr Whippy. I'll just take a seat on the paranoid bench!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Not necessarily fake. Fujitsu are in the business of IT services/outsourcing so could be providing people to the home office....

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    started a topic Validating Job Specs

Validating Job Specs

Any thoughts??

Working...
X