• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Starter

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Starter"

Collapse

• dave20
    replied
    try these guys www.soundadministrationservices.co.uk they do my invoicing for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Jesus, ask stupid questions, get upset when you are told to do your own basic bloody research and then try to start a fight with a moderator.....

Obviously a troll looking to be banned ASAP......

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by sq1 View Post
    Hey Ferret

Who said restructuring only means renaming. I suppose there is a good reason for you using a Ferret
    Now you're getting ratty. I wouldn't do that with a ferret

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Hey Ferret

Who said restructuring only means renaming. I suppose there is a good reason for you using a Ferret
    <RANT>
    for someone who seems to know f' all about owning or running a business your quite an arrogant #### [fill in your own blanks].

Especially towards someone who has managed to administrate this site for a fair amount of time now with little to no complaints from others who are new (such as myself a while ago), who all managed to find the required information without being handheld all the way..

I can only assume you deem "being a contractor" a "bit of a laugh" and a "good way to earn lots of money", now while the third is very true you are ultimately on your own while doing it, in short, stop being such a ####### child and try and find yor own information for once rather than expecting everyone on here to run your business for you... it's a contractor portal NOT a "we'll run your business for free" one stop shop. The information is here and, I have to say, not that difficult to find in comparison to other more formal sites such as HMRC's website.

goddam newbies expecting everything given to them on a silver plate, fecks me off no end..

</RANT>

regards

Chef

Leave a comment:

• XperTest
    replied
    Maybe the same questions wouldn't be asked if teh site was restructured. Surely it would save everyone a lot of time?

Leave a comment:

• sq1
    replied
    Hey Ferret

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    What other questions should I be asking?
    What is the fastest land mammal?

Leave a comment:

• Smurficus
    replied
    Maybe the same questions wouldn't be asked if teh site was restructured. Surely it would save everyone a lot of time?
    I found it ok a year or so ago...

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Would calling the First Timers section "Articles for new users who are just starting out as contractors - all your n00b questions answered here" be classified as restructuring the site?

Leave a comment:

• sq1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rookie
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    ORRR

you could look a little bit to your right, bit more.. biiiiit more

now look a little up

do you see the link that says First Timers ?

click it and read everything, twice..

then when a question pops into your head, come back here, click search (that's slightly above the First Timers link, its called "search"), type in your question and see if its been answered a million times before

finally, if you bend over and pass my the loo roll i'll wipe your @ss for you as well, now expect a bill for my time an effort..

<chef in "why are newbies so goddam ungrateful?" mode>
    WHS. With bells on and a cherry on top. Try searching this site (and others like it) before posting questions that have already been raised.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    ORRR

you could look a little bit to your right, bit more.. biiiiit more

now look a little up

do you see the link that says First Timers ?

click it and read everything, twice..

then when a question pops into your head, come back here, click search (that's slightly above the First Timers link, its called "search"), type in your question and see if its been answered a million times before

finally, if you bend over and pass my the loo roll i'll wipe your @ss for you as well, now expect a bill for my time an effort..

<chef in "why are newbies so goddam ungrateful?" mode>

Leave a comment:

• sage@reillymcmordie
    replied
    new starter

First of all you need to determine whether you will be taxed under IR35 legislation, this depends on the terms of your contract. If "outside of IR35" you can pay yourself dividends. Ideally you need to earn more than £40k pa to be worth starting a Ltd Company. Seek advice from a Chartered Accountant before you make your decision.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Other questions you could ask are:

Do I really need an Accountant?
    Can I really squander all the money from my business?
    Do I really need a business bank account?
    Should I really register for VAT to charge the clients VAT?
    Is my contract, without going into detail, IR35 complaint?

Dunno... endless possibilities.
    Forgot to add...

How do I raise invoices?
    Does it matter if I raise all the invoices at the end of each year, or do I have to raise it weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or bi-monthly?

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Hi

I am new to contracting and would like to get some advise.

Do I need to start/open a limited company?
    How would I minimise my NI payments?
    Should I belong to an umbrella company?

What other questions should I be asking?
    How do I join the PCG?

Answer www.pcg.org.uk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X