• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yippeee! Extension Agreed"

Collapse

• NiceUpNorth
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Well done - and get as much sleep as you can!!
    Also a tip from my husband, encourage your wife to breastfeed, it means YOU don't have to get up in the night!!

Great Plan!!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    congrats on both counts, nice to hear some good news in this dreary month

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    She already decided to breast feed. I've been trying to convince her that sleeping in the nursery would be a good idea. Don't think she's buying it though and OMG she's already bought the expressing machine so it looks like I'm going to have to do my bit!
    I used one of those too, but not straight away. To be honest I really enjoyed doing it (- after the initial agony!) and Dad felt a bit left out!
    Oh God I'm coming over all broody again

Leave a comment:

• Smurficus
    replied
    Easy enough to put her off the breast-pump - start comparing it to how cows are milked

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    She already decided to breast feed. I've been trying to convince her that sleeping in the nursery would be a good idea. Don't think she's buying it though and OMG she's already bought the expressing machine so it looks like I'm going to have to do my bit!
    Motorised or "hand pump" ? The motorised ones can be really noisy.

Good luck with it, "breast is best" as they say.

Leave a comment:

• Scotchpie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Also a tip from my husband, encourage your wife to breastfeed, it means YOU don't have to get up in the night!!
    I concur

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Unless she's been canny enough to get one of those expressing machines and then Dad's back on bottle detail.
    "Breast pump" - two words that conjour a myriad of images.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Unless she's been canny enough to get one of those expressing machines and then Dad's back on bottle detail.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Nae bother SP - and good luck wi the Bairn.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    With our first baby due in 4 weeks, it's provided some needed piece of mind I can tell you.
    peace

I can understand why you're happy about this, your first child is a pretty scary prospect (as well as costing a fair bit) so feeling that you're financially more secure is a big plus.

Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    kerching!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Congratulations

Both on the extension and on the impending birth.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    Congrats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X