• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agency Payment Issues"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by 0mega View Post
    Unfortunately PCG Plus has a few limitations. This is from the PCG website:

3. Aggregate Policy Limits
    In addition to the individual claim limits, PCG’s policy has an aggregate limit of £500,000 to cover all claims made in any one period of insurance with an aggregate limit per individual agency of £100,000.

Therefore, if an agency was to fail with 50 PCGPlus / PCG OneStop Plus members facing financial loss, then the maximum payout would be £2,000. If the full aggregate limit has been reached, no further claims would be accepted.
    So, get in quick and claim. IIRC, something is better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• 0mega
    replied
    Unfortunately PCG Plus has a few limitations. This is from the PCG website:

3. Aggregate Policy Limits
    In addition to the individual claim limits, PCG’s policy has an aggregate limit of £500,000 to cover all claims made in any one period of insurance with an aggregate limit per individual agency of £100,000.

Therefore, if an agency was to fail with 50 PCGPlus / PCG OneStop Plus members facing financial loss, then the maximum payout would be £2,000. If the full aggregate limit has been reached, no further claims would be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    PCG Plus members should be able to claim on their insurance if the agency has gone bust.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    So: condolences to those contractors that are going to lose money, but...

a word to those useless gits at Pendragon... 'die screaming motherf*@kers' !!!
    I started writing a post to create a new thread to that effect: "Ha, ha, have a rotten Christmas" but then got to thinking about the non-agent permies at Pendragon and their prospect of a tulipty Xmas. I must be going soft.

Still, I wish it were Tata or Progressive or Evolution or MSB or Hays or Capita or Huxley.

Leave a comment:

• Stan.goodvibes
    replied
    Wow just reading this thread, if I wasn't contracting at a govt department currently myself I wouldn't have believed that such incompentency was possible at MO (Mickey MOuse Club?).

So: condolences to those contractors that are going to lose money, but...

a word to those useless gits at Pendragon... 'die screaming motherf*@kers' !!!

The sun sets on another uselsss bunch of cowboys. Brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Surprise surprise but for the contractors.
    Met Office contractors should also give the Met Office a hard time. The warning signs were there for a long time. I know of someone who gave advice to the Met Office about Pendragon but they chose to ignore it and I think in fact recommended they left if they didn`t want to be employed via Pendragon because that was their preferred supplier despite the issues that had appeared.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 1 December 2009, 16:25.

Leave a comment:

• Janner
    replied
    Voluntary Liquidation

I gather that most contractors will have received letters about Pedragon going into Voluntary liquidation. A number of contractors at Met Office are affected.

Leave a comment:

• dack
    replied
    Originally posted by nizlab View Post
    Word on the grapevine is that Pendragon are in receivership.
    Yep, we've heard that here as well. Ten contractors here might be out of pocket by about a month's money.

Leave a comment:

• nizlab
    replied
    Pendragon in trouble

Word on the grapevine is that Pendragon are in receivership.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Janner View Post
    Met Office are still dealing with Pendragon.
    An arrangement is being put in place to ensure contractors are paid on time. The Met Office will pay the contractor direct.
    Yet I bet the Met Office will still continue to pay the same % commission to Pendragon but take on more administration work themselves, instead of just ditching the agency for a better one. I mentioned elsewhere they`re a bit of a joke too
    Last edited by SuperZ; 6 November 2009, 13:06.

Leave a comment:

• Janner
    replied
    Met Office are still dealing with Pendragon.
    An arrangement is being put in place to ensure contractors are paid on time. The Met Office will pay the contractor direct.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by deej View Post
    Interesting. I'm chasing a role through Pendragon at the moment - the only reason I am is because they contacted me first before one of my more usual agencies.

This is all useful information - thank you!
    In a bit of fairness to them, some people have had great experiences with Pendragon. I think when they bag a big client and act as a sole supplier, maybe they push the boundaries of the contract a little (between Pendragon and client) if there are some flaws in it. Or more likely they simply become complacement, taking advantage of the comfortable sole supplier contract they have - which of course they shouldn`t do.

Leave a comment:

• deej
    replied
    Interesting. I'm chasing a role through Pendragon at the moment - the only reason I am is because they contacted me first before one of my more usual agencies.

This is all useful information - thank you!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Why Private Eye?

Anyway:

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/pages.php?page=contact&

Editorial
    6 Carlisle Street
    London
    W1D 3BN
    UK
    Telephone: +44 (0)20 7437 4017
    Fax: +44 (0)20 7437 0705
    Email: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Off To Work
    replied
    Still no payment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Hit the press with this; Private Eye would lap it up.

If you want a contact there, let me know.

Out of curiosity what are the details of your contact at private eye???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X