• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "www.fixitlocal.co.uk"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    I'd say they're crap.

I signed up to get more info on how they work and specifically said I'm not interested in offers or becoming a reseller for their PCs.

Cue lots of email spam from them and their "carefully selected partners" and a certificate through the post welcoming me to their PCS or whatever it is.

I emailed them to ask them to remove all my details from their system and got a call from a sales guy. I was in the car so he sent his details through and hopefully that's the last I'll hear of them.

You need to buy a phone line from them too in order to have a contact number for them/customers. And you're expected to resell Fuji kit.

All-in-all, they didn't sell themselves in the best light to me.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Do you get a free van?

Leave a comment:

• Rymez2K
    replied
    I am also interested as a possible plan B. Have sent them a email to find out more details on how it works percentages etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'd be interested in what you find. I've just done a search and they have nothing in my area - It might be good for a plan B. If PC World can get away with £50 to run some diags on a box then I can't see why this shouldn't prove useful. Also it could be handy as a means of getting a foot in the door with the local SME's to sell them other services and as an anti ir35 option also.

Leave a comment:

• Pacman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How much do you get from it percentage wise?
    Its not a percentage as such, there's a "modest monthly membership fee" which you pay to fixitlocal, then when you get the call, you charge the customer direct.

I'm still at the early stages of thinking about it, there's not actually that much info on their website for potential businesses (just a "sign me up" form), so I'll be digging for further info before they get my details.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    How much do you get from it percentage wise?

Leave a comment:

• Pacman
    started a topic www.fixitlocal.co.uk

www.fixitlocal.co.uk

I'm thinking of signing up with www.fixitlocal.co.uk to generate extra revenue streams. On paper it looks good, but I was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with them, or are signed up with them.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Working...
X