• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "business broadband ?"

Collapse

• Netraider
    replied
    I have been using Eclipse for quite a while. £19.99 + VAT, includes up to 8 static IPs if that is something you would need.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    My accountant said the bill needs to be in company name to reclaim it as an expense through my company.

Not intending to host anything at home.

NTL would not change the billing name to company name even if the package
    (just broadband) remains unchanged.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    Or am I missing something?
    It's usually against the provider's T&Cs to host any servers on a residential package. If they find out, they could cut you off without warning.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveP
    Currently I have a 4mb connection with NTL costing £25 as a residential customer.

In order to change it into my company name it would cost

£30 + VAT 4mb
    £40 + VAT 10mb

+ £40 + VAt installation costs.

with this in mind I thought I'd compare it to other providers & shop around.

So any suggestions on a good ISP for business much appreciated.

P.S I DONT have a BT land line

cheers
    Are you obliged to take a business package with them if you want the bill to be paid by your business? I can see the problem with the tv also being supplied through there, but there's no need to get the higher cost support/lower contention/whatever on a business package. You can just pay for the residential one but have the business pick up the tab. Or am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveP
    I am happy to ditch NTL
    That's easier said than done in my experience...

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    I am happy to ditch NTL as I only subscribe to broadband with them anyway,

I dont use there phone or digital TV service.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    I am happy to ditch NTL as I only subscribe to broadband with them anyway,

I dont use there phone or digital TV service.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Be careful. When I was with NTHell they told me that if I went to the business package, then I'd lose my digital TV as that is for the residential package only and their system couldn't deal with the fact that one property might actually be both.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    I dont have a cable phone line either.

I might look into getting a BT line allowing me free broadband from orange, as I am an existing customer of theirs.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    If you have (and want to keep) a Cable phone line then you may well be stuffed.

If you just don't want a BT land line, then a lot of ISP's are now offering land lines as well.

Plusnet for example do this, they used to be really good, then went PAP, but in my opinion are now getting better again.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    started a topic business broadband ?

business broadband ?

Currently I have a 4mb connection with NTL costing £25 as a residential customer.

In order to change it into my company name it would cost

£30 + VAT 4mb
    £40 + VAT 10mb

+ £40 + VAt installation costs.

with this in mind I thought I'd compare it to other providers & shop around.

So any suggestions on a good ISP for business much appreciated.

P.S I DONT have a BT land line

cheers

Working...
X