• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ever had a problem with DABS.com. Cos it's court time."

Collapse

Guest replied
    Duh, and now I have read to the end of the thread, and through your e-mail page.

Ignore me

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Stephen,

I had a similar problem with an ADSL Router/Modem which I spent a few weeks trying to get working, by the time I contacted Amazon (for it was they I bought it from) to return it, all I could get from them was form letters with no concrete guarantee that they would accept the item back in stock as it had been with me for more than 30 days.

In the end I put the item up for auction on Ebay, and sold it for £30 more than I paid for it. (Yes I know I'm a jammy git!)

I know this doesn't help you in this case, but if you get no satisfaction from the courts, this option is always available to you.

Chris.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I took dabs to court and won

Let's just hope that dabs.com pay up on time!

A great victory for the individual!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

congrats Stephen!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

nice one

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

excellent news!

i found your article a throughly interesting and entertaining read!

congrats!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Congrats Stephen,

and thanks for giving me a good giggle this morning.

I've had no probs with Dabs, but this does show a distinct lack of Customer Service and arrogance...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I took dabs to court and won

Hi

I went to court against dabs and the judge agreed with me and awarded me a refund, court costs and travel courts. (No I did not wink at the judge)

If you want to see how I did it and the emails I sent to dabs goto

www.redreminder.co.uk/dabs.com.html

regards

Stephen

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: I used to love Dabs and even had the dabs cup and pen.

Thanks for the info.

regards

Stephen
    www.redreminder.co.uk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A friend of mine's Netgear Wireless router died on him only this week and he had to replace it with a Linksys wireless. Going online to forums at www.dslreports.com there were lots of people in the same boat due to the Netgear router over-heating but I seem to recall that all had got excellent service from Netgear with Netgear, so I read, sending out a replacement straight away. Can't ask for more than that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

How about blowing kisses at her? Will that prejudice my case as well?

regards

Stephen
    www.redreminder.co.uk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Word of advice Stephen:

If the judge is a lady, winking at her is likely to prejudice your case. Come to think of it, this holds true if the judge is a bloke too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

There's a lot of info on how it operates on the stuff you should have got when you filed the claim. It is not like a "real" court - far more informal.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for the advice fiddleabout. Should be an interesting day as I have never been to court before. I really don't know what to expect.

regards

Stephen
    www.redreminder.co.uk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Feel free but don't expect it to cut much ice - I'm pretty well sure PC World exceeded their legal requirements.

I also don't think there is anything inherantly wrong with Netgear equipment - there is plenty wrong with XP wireless support though - my gear still will not connect if I turn on encryption. I will get all my machines updated from the MS update site once I have broadband installed. Probably after that they won't boot at all

Good luck with your case - if you want to win make sure you appear personally and don't rely on letters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X