• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Collaborative projects"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Barnowl,

Unfortunate others chose to misuse this BB.

I am still interested following your response.I planned to respond to your email today (been away for a couple of days so could not sooner), but as your email account is closed, I cannot do so.

If your still continuing as planned, please let me know how I can email you.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    (This message was left blank)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Barn Owl,

I have enabled my ezboard e-mail feature. I have just sent you an e-mail.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    X

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Spent the last 6 years working as a consultant for KM company.

Worked with inteligent search, collaboration, communities, categorisation, document/content management and general information sharing initiatives. Sounds an interesting idea - would like to hear more ...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: My reply

Am I really so predictable :\

Re; Ownership - I can only say look to AtW's post - this is the kind of question you will face time and again if you do not have this sorted first and 'cast in stone' as non-negotiable.

You are going to need a strong leader to control your project who has the strength of will to 'can' anyone who even thinks about the merest possibility of questioning the structure - no matter how much they have to offer the project becuase with them on board there will be no project for them to contribute to.

PS That's not me or my project would not have failed:\ :\ .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Good Luck

as long as jobs are in separate areas with clearly defined APIs for intergration then simple emai will do - major projects like Linux, MySQL, PHP etc get coordinated this way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

best of luck team,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

> AtW, I spent some time yesterday preparing some replies
    > for your queries, but alas you burn your bridges far too
    > quickly.

i am perfectly capable of taking my words back and changing my mind based on other people's arguments. Please feel free to post your relpies. Some projects may have common interests where collaboration might be very helpful, for example I would not mind to have people to help me support my stuff in exchange for similar sort of thing - aka barter.

I can't see how you can resolve the principal issue of how to ownership will be divided in respect to unknown future contribution of members. I would not particularly trust conditional agreements where by after X months of work ownership will be fixed depending on each others contribution in said period.

It would have been much easier if all interested parties were in a good position of having cashflow that allowed them to live okayish without doing anything (say having their own firms running and had people working for them), and this would have enable said individuals to take more risks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    re

trust and talent - thats what is needed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

X

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I started a similar venture some years ago and I can confirm that the 'political' aspect is very hard to deal with.

Sort out your structure and ownership plans first, make them very clear and fixed or you may become mired in arguments about who should own what percentage of shares. This happened to my project even though all were aware of the structure from the outset - it didn't stop them wanting to change things.

This not only leads to conflict but wastes time and energy that should be directed into the business. I felt I was left but with no choice to pull the plug very quickly becau of this.

It is amazing how many people want to waste valuable (and expensive) meeting room time on something that is nothing whatsoever to do with the purpose of the meeting, trying to change the basis on which the meeing is being held in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: re:Individualism

good luck guys - I am not in since I've got enough good ideas to work for a year and I dont want to share them, plus I find that being Dictator in the initial stages helps a lot - all these bloody talks and discussions, and egos etc just slow things down.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Project Management, Business Analysis etc.

You may find my skills of use...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Don't forget the use of the EZboard email messages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X