• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ltd details on the CV - don't apparently"

Collapse

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaqqer
    How?
    Sorry I misread the post. I check the site late after work and I am really exhausted. I can’t check the site at work since the boss is sitting right behind me.

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    The second part contradicts with the first part
    No it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    How?

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaqqer
    Sounds like the agent is even more lazy than most - I expect that my phone number and contact details are removed from the CV before it gets sent over to clients.

However, there is enough info in my consultant profile that clients could find me if they really tried - names of training courses, white papers etc. that I've written that if you type the name into Google you'll get to my website...

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I get round this anyway, by putting my limited company as my current 'employer' and listing the contracts under it.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Sounds like the agent is even more lazy than most - I expect that my phone number and contact details are removed from the CV before it gets sent over to clients.

However, there is enough info in my consultant profile that clients could find me if they really tried - names of training courses, white papers etc. that I've written that if you type the name into Google you'll get to my website...

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Agencies usually edit all this stuff out if they don't want to send it to the client. For example, everyones got their e-mail address and phone number on their CV, right ? And the agents delete it.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    started a topic Ltd details on the CV - don't apparently

Ltd details on the CV - don't apparently

I had a call from an agent I know quite well yesterday telling me that I might be being not put forward for roles because I had my Ltd details (phone number, email, website, company name and number) in the footer of my CV.

Apparently it's viewed as an attempt to 'decieve the agent' by inviting the end client to contact you directly.

glad he told me that because I wasn't getting many calls - took them out today and had about 3 calls from about 10 CVs sent off.

Glad the agent told me!

Working...
X