• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jobserve

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve"

Collapse

• happybloke
    replied
    Originally posted by unemployed
    why the hell bother to even look at jobserve ??????????

most of the jobs are fake.

Fake surely not.......................... most job pages have the same job by different agents and also different salary ranges.

Remember life is hard

Leave a comment:

• unemployed
    replied
    why the hell bother to even look at jobserve ??????????

most of the jobs are fake.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    perhaps it was a time zone ?

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Um,

it's working now!

all most strange

Thanks everyone!

tim

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    What's an RSS feed.
    If you don't know, then you're not - for reference, it's just a file format used to collect dynamic items from websites into one place so you don't have to visit a whole bunch of sites to get all your regular daily info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)

What browser are you using? Looks fine in Firefox and Safari. Can't test in IE as I don't have that at home and client's MimeSweeper thingy blocks Jobserve - can't have their permies looking for jobs on company time...

Leave a comment:

• twice_nightly
    replied
    You're obviously looking at the Northern edition of Jobserve

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    Cleared your cookies etc? And are you reading it directly or through an RSS feed?
    Surely coping with cookies is their problem. I don't want to go around clearing them as I will have to type in all my numpty paswords again.

What's an RSS feed.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Cleared your cookies etc? And are you reading it directly or through an RSS feed?

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by cykophysh39
    ping
    I don't quite see how that helps me.

I can reach the site as I can navigate the descriptive pages. What I can't do is read the 'current' job stream. I continually get the same 'cached' jobs that I got the day before. (and yes, I am still getting them.)

But I've put that in quotes because I've been on holiday for 2 weeks. So I didn't actually read any of the jobs into this cache when they were new and it was already 4 days behind when I read it the first time.

And I'm the only softie here who's openly looking for a new job (I'm the only con and everyone knows I am finishing in three weeks) so I don't think that anyone else is going to have read them either?

I really can't get my head around this.

tim

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    ping

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by HotSpotter
    check your internet conection...
    And how does on do that?

tim

Leave a comment:

• HotSpotter
    replied
    check your internet conection...

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Plenty of jobs posted during April here.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    how can one not be looking properly, all you do is type a string into the box and click go.

I just tried a search for SAP (not because it is what I do). 948 matches, the most recent says posted "29/03/2007 15:22:30"

tim

Leave a comment:

• Ledge
    replied
    I dont think you're looking properly. Or your search is incorrect. I've seen loads after that date.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X