• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BPSS - Brexit etc

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BPSS - Brexit etc"

Collapse

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Geographic enthusiast and scientist John Flask has conducted research into the movement of plate tectonics, and how they are predicted to shift over the next 200 years..

Research into the matter was developed in Portland North State University, United States..

Flask suggests that within the course of the next 200 years the UK will actually shift a considerable rate, closer towards the United States and further away from Europe.
    And within those 200 years, HMRC will still insist companies use their CEST tool but will refuse to accept the finding if inconsistent with their desire to find everyone inside...

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    We're leaving EU, not Europe.
    Geographic enthusiast and scientist John Flask has conducted research into the movement of plate tectonics, and how they are predicted to shift over the next 200 years..

Research into the matter was developed in Portland North State University, United States..

Flask suggests that within the course of the next 200 years the UK will actually shift a considerable rate, closer towards the United States and further away from Europe.

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by GalContractor2873 View Post
    UK leaving Europe
    We're leaving EU, not Europe.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by GalContractor2873 View Post
    Apologies if this has been addressed here. I wondered if any of this is problematic for obtaining BPSS? Perhaps no one knows yet regarding this with UK leaving Europe, but can take a good guess...

I've been offered a 6 month contract requiring BPSS starting Jan 2021 to July 2021, end client is a rather boring arm of the govt and the agency are handling it, though I have to fill out a bunch of forms.

They are asking for a 5 year residential history. I moved in 2017 to Germany to join a distributed start up and worked as a freelancer after leaving the SU.

I had a long contract with a London based company through my own Limited which ended mid 2019, there is a gap of about 14 months since on my CV. I also keep a London address which belongs to my parents for mail and other docs.

Would a current German residential address be a problem for BPSS? Or would it better to place my parent's London base? Thanks again.
    Where it is not possible to carry out meaningful checks in the UK because of a lack of UK residence, prospective employees are required, as part of the BPSS, to give a reasonable account of any significant periods (6 months or more in the past 3 years) of time living abroad.

Etc., etc., etc.

Maybe start by reading the govenrment docs: https://assets.publishing.service.go...-_May_2018.pdf

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Where does the client / agency think you live? I would keep the information consistent.

I know nothing about any requirements for these checks so could be talking nonsense (as usual, some would say)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Do you like Gladiators?

Do you lick the chutney spoon?

General isn't for questions like yours. Next time post in one of the other forums otherwise you risk worse.

On a more serious note they can background check people who haven't been in an EU country as long as the country is trusted to keep good records, so they can background check you. Just make sure you have given up to date details of the people/organisations that need to be contacted.

Leave a comment:

• GalContractor2873
    started a topic BPSS - Brexit etc

BPSS - Brexit etc

Apologies if this has been addressed here. I wondered if any of this is problematic for obtaining BPSS? Perhaps no one knows yet regarding this with UK leaving Europe, but can take a good guess...

I've been offered a 6 month contract requiring BPSS starting Jan 2021 to July 2021, end client is a rather boring arm of the govt and the agency are handling it, though I have to fill out a bunch of forms.

They are asking for a 5 year residential history. I moved in 2017 to Germany to join a distributed start up and worked as a freelancer after leaving the SU.

I had a long contract with a London based company through my own Limited which ended mid 2019, there is a gap of about 14 months since on my CV. I also keep a London address which belongs to my parents for mail and other docs.

Would a current German residential address be a problem for BPSS? Or would it better to place my parent's London base? Thanks again.

Working...
X