• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BP and Harvey Nash and general status with contracts etc and how they operate"

Collapse

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    When I contracted with HN about 6 years ago they messed up my payments, twice, got it in the end but had to wait for quite a long time and chase a lot
    Thanks for info Eirikur, that sounds annoying messing about, will look out for that if it goes ahead. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    When I contracted with HN about 6 years ago they messed up my payments, twice, got it in the end but had to wait for quite a long time and chase a lot

Leave a comment:

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
    They are the main BP agency.
    As far as I know, contracts are IR35 outside, but from March they will convert to inside.
    Never had any issues with them. Typical big agency.

Thanks for the info Andrew; and yes need to take into account March. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• AndrewK
    replied
    They are the main BP agency.
    As far as I know, contracts are IR35 outside, but from March they will convert to inside.
    Never had any issues with them. Typical big agency.

Leave a comment:

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    I worked through HN a few years ago, for about 3 years. They were fine, for most of the contract. They never missed a payment, although I can't say they were much use outside of that. When things got a bit "funny" with the client towards the end - as the client wanted to consolidate down to fewer agencies - HN were not very helpful (as they were getting the boot) and I had a few issues. Finally got resolved and I did get paid.

Long story short, HN will be doing whatever BP insist upon theses days, as they will be that desperate for the money. I'd just wait and see what turns up contract wise, but do make sure you go through it with a fine-toothed comb. Have they even offered outside IR35 as an option? I'd be surprised.
    Thank you Nomadd for your quick reply, that's very helpful and interesting with your experience too. I've never liked dealing with HN in the past (when taking calls off them) but I guess that's nothing new - I haven't seen the contract yet tbf, they've been silent on in or out IR35 option,not expecting it to be a good one tbh, as you said wait and see what turns up on Monday. Thanks again, cheers for now

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by stillooking View Post
    'Afternoon Folks,

I've a possibility of a small amount of work with the above co's but I'm a bit concerned with the usual stuff like contract terms (Ltd Co) and any extra onboarding stuff. Has anybody got any current experience with them? - If contract isn't 'right' i may just accept paye basis and be done with it as I'm fed-up with the whole situation.

I've never dealt with Harvey Nash on contract basis but generally not keen in engaging with the big rec co's but that's the way things have gone so have to accept that for the time being.

Thanks in anticipation.
    I worked through HN a few years ago, for about 3 years. They were fine, for most of the contract. They never missed a payment, although I can't say they were much use outside of that. When things got a bit "funny" with the client towards the end - as the client wanted to consolidate down to fewer agencies - HN were not very helpful (as they were getting the boot) and I had a few issues. Finally got resolved and I did get paid.

Long story short, HN will be doing whatever BP insist upon theses days, as they will be that desperate for the money. I'd just wait and see what turns up contract wise, but do make sure you go through it with a fine-toothed comb. Have they even offered outside IR35 as an option? I'd be surprised.

Leave a comment:

• BP and Harvey Nash and general status with contracts etc and how they operate

'Afternoon Folks,

I've a possibility of a small amount of work with the above co's but I'm a bit concerned with the usual stuff like contract terms (Ltd Co) and any extra onboarding stuff. Has anybody got any current experience with them? - If contract isn't 'right' i may just accept paye basis and be done with it as I'm fed-up with the whole situation.

I've never dealt with Harvey Nash on contract basis but generally not keen in engaging with the big rec co's but that's the way things have gone so have to accept that for the time being.

Thanks in anticipation.

Working...
X