• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract at Investment Bank"

Collapse

• Stan
    replied
    I was credit checked for work in IB. Not drug tested though and I would refuse that. Performance on the job is what matters and if its not up to scratch they can show me the door.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    I was certainly checked for "liquidity" when I worked for UBS, not sure if it was the same as a typical credit check (i.e the equifax rubbish for personal loans etc), but there was a definite declaration of "credit-worthyness" , and they *did* check back references over 3 years (which is the only time it ever happened in 20 years of being pimped)

Random drug tests were also brought in (circa 2000ish) and it was initially amusing (later cringeworthy) to watch various people returned from amsterdam for a weekend, drink their own body weight in water on a monday morning........

Only heard (she disappeared one afternoon) of one person getting the "walk" for drugs, then again it could have been something else entirely.........

Leave a comment:

• TheOmegaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by ViolentCheese
    Well I have had no reference or credit check. I am also barely competant enough to do my job.
    I think it would be best if you were to remove yourself from the gene pool.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Are you a Project Manager by any chance....?

Leave a comment:

• ViolentCheese
    replied
    Well I have had no reference or credit check. I am also barely competant enough to do my job.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    and at least he's not a theiving git. Moo.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    At least he wakes up every morning with his ringpiece intact...

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    ... and I'm younger.

Unlucky ooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddddd man!

Leave a comment:

• Bovvered
    replied
    Originally posted by marcoloco
    banks certainly don't do checks at least on contractors.
    Don't white wash. I was credit checked.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Why should i be?

You only have 1 house, a low rate and a crap car and when you have to start paying your own way you will be screwed and I will be able to add a good dose of smugness to my position

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    The kind of Credit check they do is to only see if you've been bankrupt or have CCJ's.

A few late payments, overdraft, or a crap credit rating wont matter, as long as not bankrupt and no CCJ's.

It is a stress though as you always have to be on the ball about whats going on with your rating, a screw up by someone could stop your working.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Fred
    "When was the last time you went through all your credit records then Fred? You may have a horrid rating without knowing about it....."

I have my own house, a first, no mortgage(thx dad), £300p/d,Porsche 911(prezzie), popular & good looking and no debt.

How do some of you get in trouble. Tut tut tut.
    Blimey, who did you have to blow for that lot?

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied

Pure Jealousy.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Lets see, no mortgage, no debt, no cedit agreements.

You will have a tulipe credit rating, which just goes to prove you have no idea how credit ratings are worked out.

You are clueless rich boy who will soon get a nasty shock when he stops working for daddy's consultancy and I claim my £5

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Fred
    I have my own house, a first, no mortgage(thx dad), £300p/d,Porsche 911(prezzie), popular & good looking and no debt.
    Threaded Jnr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X