• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has anyone went with Coreco for a mortgage?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    Did I say that?
    Yep in your two posts.

If you know the lending criteria of the Halifax and think you can get the same deal then go to them direct, however if you don't then use a contractor broker and pay the broker yourself.

Have you heard of the bribery act? Be careful accepting any benefits from a client that are not minor and not directly connected to your role as it will either screw up your tax position, could be considered a bribe or both. You can have a reduced fee if the reason is recorded properly but not a complete fee waiver.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
    So you would like a contractor mortgage from a company your trusted peers haven't heard of using a permie benefit to make it cheap. You are on your own with that one I am afraid.
    Did I say that?

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    They waiver the fee because of a clientco agreement.
    So you would like a contractor mortgage from a company your trusted peers haven't heard of using a permie benefit to make it cheap. You are on your own with that one I am afraid.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I have a friend of my wife who works with them. £1000 fee. My wife is an independent mortgage advisor and charges a lot less than that...
    They waiver the fee because of a clientco agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I have a friend of my wife who works with them. £1000 fee. My wife is an independent mortgage advisor and charges a lot less than that...

Leave a comment:

• NCOTBAC
    replied
    Quoted twice in General but apart from that they've never been mentioned in the forums. On that alone is be out.

With contractor mortgages being fairly complex I'd not suggest trying it yourself. Each lender has different criteria even for contractors. Some wont accept breaks, she have minimum length on contracts left. You are going to have a hell of a time to find one that will deal with direct and meet your criteria.

I'd suggest you use one of the known guys mentioned on here. I'd say start with Freelancer Financials who I use to get a Halifax one no problems.

Just watch out for the Enact convenacing they use. Quite clever and all online but was a little slow.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    started a topic Has anyone went with Coreco for a mortgage?

Has anyone went with Coreco for a mortgage?

I've been referred to these people who have been recommended by my clientco. Has anyone any experience of dealing with them?

Are they comparable to Contractor Mortgages Made Easy? Or is it best to cut out the middle man and go straight to, say, Halifax?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 14 January 2016, 10:03.

Working...
X