• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business bank accounts"

Collapse

• CoolCat
    replied
    Metro bank service is very good

Leave a comment:

• nozmeister
    replied
    Free if you leave 10K in the account AIUI. You can get interest from other bank accounts to more than cover the monthly bank charge.

Leave a comment:

• elpato
    replied
    Originally posted by rjoe View Post
    Metro working well for me...
    Thinking of switching over now the Santander free period is done. Who can turn down free?

Leave a comment:

• kristen330
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am guessing Dave B has probably made his choice now, 20 months after seeking recommendations...
    Opps, haha! Well spotted. Need to remind myself to look at the dates of these posts!

Leave a comment:

• rjoe
    replied
    Metro working well for me...

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by kristen330 View Post
    Definitely not Lloyds. They're extremely incompetent. That said, they did give me £113 compensation for the inconvenience I suffered in trying to set up an account with them! Since the set up I've never had to contact thankfully!
    I am guessing Dave B has probably made his choice now, 20 months after seeking recommendations...

Leave a comment:

• kristen330
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with Barclays. Anyone got any recommendations for a Business account that comes with decent customer service?
    Definitely not Lloyds. They're extremely incompetent. That said, they did give me £113 compensation for the inconvenience I suffered in trying to set up an account with them! Since the set up I've never had to contact thankfully!

Leave a comment:

• PetroDollarWarrior
    replied
    I've been using HSBC since 2010 with no issues. Customer service is great, always get through on the phone and able to speak to someone in the UK. I also do my personal banking with them, so transferring money (dividends etc) is pain free. I got my mortgage through HSBC and because they could see all my accounts (business and personal) at the same time is was hassle free, I didn't need to submit any company accounts.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I get a statement monthly.
    Yep - I opted for three monthly - physical paperwork is so 20th century!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Cater Allen here for 8+ years with no complaints.

Had to phone them up once when I locked myself out - due to the way I'd done it they had to send me a postal reset code which arrived next day.

Faster payments is a little odd - it goes the day after you request it and arrives in the afternoon but it's eccentric behaviour is at least predictable!

Other then than, money goes in, money comes out, and a statement arrives every three months.
    I get a statement monthly.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    I use santander, it's fine now but getting online banking access was a total nightmare that ended with me writing them a written complaint and them sending me a couple of hundred quid as an apology for the huge mess they made of it.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Cater Allen here for 8+ years with no complaints.

Had to phone them up once when I locked myself out - due to the way I'd done it they had to send me a postal reset code which arrived next day.

Faster payments is a little odd - it goes the day after you request it and arrives in the afternoon but its eccentric behaviour is at least predictable!

Other then than, money goes in, money comes out, and a statement arrives every three months.
    Last edited by ctdctd; 6 December 2015, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• aa2006
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've never needed Santander customer service, but I'm happy with the account.
    Same here going on nearly 8 years never had to contact them about anything

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've never needed Santander customer service, but I'm happy with the account.
    same here

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Thanks Martin, all the threads I've seen recently implied they weren't taking on new accounts, that or I misunderstood (quite possible), clearly you've the upto date info which is needed .

Cater Allen faster payments do seem a bit weird, but it's never been an issue to me as I make very few payments over the year, I doubt it's more than 20 now I think about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X