• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "interview with agency, via google hangout"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    next time attach your photo to your cv
    Unless you are a real munter, of course

At Client Cos Polish office, a lot of the girls have their online / Lync photos all in soft focus / photo shopped etc.

Very odd
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 26 November 2015, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    I might hire a lookalike, in case I have to do this. Someone who looks like me, but ever so slightly younger, slimmer, more attractive (if that person exists).

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by moneymoney View Post
    so turns out it was standard enough, he dropped me a mail with a few standard questions (background, projects managed, problems encountered etc), then logged me into the hangout, turned broadcast on (to record I imagine), ran through the questions for about 5-10 minutes and that was it

I asked if it was the agency or the client that had requested the hangout interviews and he said it was the client, because they are hiring a large number of people, they want to get a quick look at people and decide who they want to bring in

will see what comes of it
    next time attach your photo to your cv

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Please do. People will be interested to know.

Leave a comment:

• moneymoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    All the moaning on these forums about agents not having a clue about our industries / skills, etc, and how they add no value to the recruitment process as they do not effectively vet contractors before submission.

Now an agent says they want to interview a contractor before submission and people still aren't happy?

Of course, I agree that the questions are more likely to be around previous contracts, contact names, etc, but still...
    This wasn't something the agent initiated, this was a request from the end client. I don't have any real issue with it, I just posted the question as I hadn't come across this type of screening previously so wanted to know if others had.

In fairness the questions were all standard interview questions and definitely not fishing for information about previous roles/contacts. I expect I might hear an update by the end of the week so I'll keep updating the thread if I do.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    All the moaning on these forums about agents not having a clue about our industries / skills, etc, and how they add no value to the recruitment process as they do not effectively vet contractors before submission.

Now an agent says they want to interview a contractor before submission and people still aren't happy?

Of course, I agree that the questions are more likely to be around previous contracts, contact names, etc, but still...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I've worked with DBAs who we simply didn't let near business people. It's not necessarily just face fitting.

Leave a comment:

• moneymoney
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ah, so they want to see if you match (look like) their existing workforce profile in terms of age, appearance, mannerisms, 'fit,' etc.
    yes, that's exactly what I thought! in some ways I can understand them wanting to make sure I can speak clearly and how I present myself but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more about being part of what they see as the "fit" for their company

Leave a comment:

• Elliegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ah, so they want to see if you match (look like) their existing workforce profile in terms of age, appearance, mannerisms, 'fit,' etc.
    I went to an interview once where I was told by the agent afterwards that the client said my 'face didn't fit'. The agent had never met me and would never have conveyed that message if he had.

So naturally I swallowed my disappointment and got another role 2 weeks later paying an extra £150 a day.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    he said it was the client, because they are hiring a large number of people, they want to get a quick look at people and decide who they want to bring in

Leave a comment:

• moneymoney
    replied
    so turns out it was standard enough, he dropped me a mail with a few standard questions (background, projects managed, problems encountered etc), then logged me into the hangout, turned broadcast on (to record I imagine), ran through the questions for about 5-10 minutes and that was it

I asked if it was the agency or the client that had requested the hangout interviews and he said it was the client, because they are hiring a large number of people, they want to get a quick look at people and decide who they want to bring in

will see what comes of it

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Is it any different from a Skype interview?
    Totally different as far as I understand hang out. Hang out is open to anyone to join in at any time. Its like an open conference call where anyone on the net can join in.

Skype is one to one because they're contact you via your Skype number \ name etc.

I wouldnt do an interview via Hang Out myself.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    the contact came through linkedin, so he's a legitimate recruiter (as much as they can be) or if not, he's gone to a lot of effort building up a profile, contacts and history

he has sent on a spec and told me about the client it is for, which all adds up, so it might be legit......i'll go ahead with it and update tomorrow with the questions
    If you've got a specific role and client then great. Could be that LinkedIn is a new way of operating for some of them (could mean that they don't have to share leads on corporate systems).

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    he has sent on a spec and told me about the client it is for, which all adds up, so it might be legit......i'll go ahead with it and update tomorrow with the questions
    If that's the case, I would go for it, then

Leave a comment:

• moneymoney
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've heard of that before. I'd wait and see what the five questions are first - overly specific and I'd smell a rat. It could be that they want a specific subset of skills, though, for a particular problem.
    the contact came through linkedin, so he's a legitimate recruiter (as much as they can be) or if not, he's gone to a lot of effort building up a profile, contacts and history

Leave a comment:

Working...
X