• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Uk passport reduced to 3d world passport"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    You are trying to extrapolate from the infinitesimal to the huge dramatic blunder called Brexit. It doesn't matter about passports. What matters is you accept you made a monumental mistake which blindingly obviously meant thousands upon thousands of things would change. For the worse. Forget trying to unpick each one, one at a time. You voted for Brexit. The EU didn't. I didn't. Stop blaming everyone else for what you did.

You voted. Now take the pain and stop whingeing.
    Article 5 provides that the UK and the EU must, in good faith, assist each other in carrying out the tasks which flow from the Agreement and ensure that obligations arising from it are fulfilled.

PS. Your last sentence is equally valid for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You are trying to extrapolate from the infinitesimal to the huge dramatic blunder called Brexit. It doesn't matter about passports. What matters is you accept you made a monumental mistake which blindingly obviously meant thousands upon thousands of things would change. For the worse. Forget trying to unpick each one, one at a time. You voted for Brexit. The EU didn't. I didn't. Stop blaming everyone else for what you did.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Brexit means Brexit

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Look at it this way - what is the risk to the EU of people from the UK travelling to the EU with less than 6 months on their passport?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Frances Coppola, a finance journalist for Forbes and the Financial Times, said airports such as Schiphol appeared to have “jumped the gun” by directing British passport holders to non-EU gates
    Naughty Dutchies.

(Cool name for a journalist though.)

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    However, it is unlikely that current delays have been caused by Brexit as the UK is currently in a transition period with the EU during which travel arrangements will not change until January 2021.

Also apparently this could be a parody twitter account!

I mean why not just go back to the days when it said UK and EU passports above the customs channel you could go through.

All it takes is 5 extra letters and then we are sorted - I mean it said this above the customs channels for an awful long time after we joined the EU and got EU passports - it's almost like the ze Germans are trying to take over by stealth by removing those 5 letters and not telling anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Brexiteer complains he has to wait in queue at EU airport: ‘This isn’t the Brexit I voted for’ | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    FTFY
    You are not grasping this concept of making things better are you?

You are desperate to cling to the past and what that entails.

Look at it this way - what is the risk to the EU of people from the UK travelling to the EU with less than 6 months on their passport?

And for an extra bonus mark see if you can see what risk there is to the UK with people from the EU travelling to the UK with less than 6 months on their passport - for more bonus points ensure you reference the immigrant campus in Calais.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    But are they still blue?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    FTFY
    Aww, still sulking?

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Brexit means Brexit. That's what you voted for. Remember?

Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and therefore lose all the advantages of being inside the EU - every last one of them :
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    So I assume the same will apply to EU passport holders coming into the UK?

Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and just do something which works for everyone and does not add an additional cost for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

I mean it really is not difficult to not act like a spoiled ten year olds who didn't get their own way.

FFS

Relax man!

Knee jerk reactions don't help, if the EU are going out of their way to make things difficult then so be it, we can deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So I assume the same will apply to EU passport holders coming into the UK?

Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and just do something which works for everyone and does not add an additional cost for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

I mean it really is not difficult to not act like a spoiled ten year olds who didn't get their own way.

FFS

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Well my passport has an extra 6 months on it, as it was issued back in the days where renewals got the months left on the old one added to the new one. That stopped being valid a long time ago so I have to remember that I need to renew by Feb, not Nov, next year.

TBF I'm doing a pretty good job of remembering that so far...

As long as I can get into/out of Singapore/Malaysia in June, all will be well. I won't be sending it off before then.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    third country for EU but also third world in line with countries like Zimbabwe
    Yet you still choose to be here.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    People were warned of this quite a while ago. Nothing new. And it's 3rd country passport. Not 3rd world.
    third country for EU but also third world in line with countries like Zimbabwe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X