• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit: the last ditch"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Hypothetical questions are not relevant until they have facts to back them up in which case they are no longer hypothetical. I think on Thursday you will have the answer to your question which is why the major parties are running scared.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons
    Too scared. Fair enough. But happy to talk about hypothetical outcomes on Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    There may be one, so it is relevant. Or are you too scared to answer a hypothetical question?
    Hypothetical questions are not relevant until they have facts to back them up in which case they are no longer hypothetical. I think on Thursday you will have the answer to your question which is why the major parties are running scared.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    But there isn't a 2nd referendum and until there is one you question like you is irrelevant.

There may be one, so it is relevant. Or are you too scared to answer a hypothetical question?

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    What if there were a Remain result of a second referendum, which was enacted by democratically elected MPs? Which referendum result shoud be honoured then?
    But there isn't a 2nd referendum and until there is one you question like you is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I accept your concession of defeat.
    Was that addressed to me personally or the whole of the UK on Brexit?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Who appointed you Paxman?

Anyway, my response was better than you gave to Churchill earlier.
    I accept your concession of defeat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Do you have an answer to my question?
    Who appointed you Paxman?

Anyway, my response was better than you gave to Churchill earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have no objection to a 2nd referendum. In about 40 years time.

But asking people to vote until they give the right result sends the wrong message.
    Do you have an answer to my question?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What if there were a Remain result of a second referendum, which was enacted by democratically elected MPs? Which referendum result shoud be honoured then?
    I have no objection to a 2nd referendum. In about 40 years time.

But asking people to vote until they give the right result sends the wrong message.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The will of the people was a vote to leave therefore any implementation that does not deliver a leave result must be undemocratic. It is very black and white. No shades of grey required

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    The suggestion does not go against the will of the people. The suggestion makes a statement of fact - it is a way forward. It may be a democratic way forward, or an undemocratic way forward, or it may be that there are shades of grey.

HTH
    BIDI
    The will of the people was a vote to leave therefore any implementation that does not deliver a leave result must be undemocratic. It is very black and white. No shades of grey required

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Suggestion the no Brexit is a way forward goes against the democratic will of the people as voiced at the referendum and is therefore against the democratic will of the people. Simples.

The suggestion does not go against the will of the people. The suggestion makes a statement of fact - it is a way forward. It may be a democratic way forward, or an undemocratic way forward, or it may be that there are shades of grey.

HTH
    BIDI

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    That is untrue and an illogical conclusion.
    Suggestion the no Brexit is a way forward goes against the democratic will of the people as voiced at the referendum and is therefore against the democratic will of the people. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So you don't support democracy then, re: referendum.

That is untrue and an illogical conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Agree re WA. But No deal is not the only way forward. No Brexit is also a way forward.
    So you don't support democracy then, re: referendum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X