• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit and contract work."

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sick burn, bro.
    Nothing a comfort blanket won't fix.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Old Smeg gets around, much like his old lady.
    Sick burn, bro.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    You can literally post any kind of subject on this forum and it denigrates into the same old crap.
    I expect you mean 'degenerates'.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    You can literally post any kind of subject on this forum and it denigrates into the same old crap.
    Old Smeg gets around, much like his old lady.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Not just the name, but also free from any restrictions on proper aging, etc.
    Market forces will sort it out. Will the Great British Gammon be affected?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    They'll always spell it with an 'e' as that is the way they spell it from their gaelic. They won't be able to call it Scotch though unless they do away with geographical indicators, which they will, because the USA wants to produce and sell Scotch, Stornoway Black Pudding, Cornish Pasties, etc.
    Not just the name, but also free from any restrictions on proper aging, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    And they'll be able to spell whisky correctly...
    They'll always spell it with an 'e' as that is the way they spell it from their gaelic. They won't be able to call it Scotch though unless they do away with geographical indicators, which they will, because the USA wants to produce and sell Scotch, Stornoway Black Pudding, Cornish Pasties, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Yep same way the US companies/banks has to comply with some EU regs if they need to trade with Europe
    It all depends on the deals. If the USA wants a deal and part of that is we have to lower standards for other things then that's what will happen. Chlorinated chicken and beef full of steroids are just a couple of examples.

The EU won't want those things making their way across from the UK so thinking there will be no border checks is crazy.

The real reason we're having Brexit is because of the new regulations on money laundering and tax avoidance coming into force on 1st April. All the elites were fearful of losing a wee drop of their offshore stashes.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I tend to agree. We're still implementing EU directives on product conformity, etc, simply because we sell product in the EU. Any business that exports goods or services into the EU market will still need to comply with EU regulations.
    Yep same way the US companies/banks has to comply with some EU regs if they need to trade with Europe

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    I've done some Brexit work with a client who has offices in the UK & EU - typically splitting them into different parts if there is no deal.

A lot of stuff I've worked on over the last few years has been EU regulatory like Solvency II. I think after Brexit a lot of these regulations will go and there will be work to back them out.
    Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Same here re reg work for the last 10 years. But avoided Brexit projects cuz I thought its a fad lol

What do you mean by back them out? You mean UK Regs equiv to EU?? But I am not sure, if the regs going to be the same, then by default all the clients who implemented the EU regs and made the required changes / reporting in the systems would be compliant.
    I tend to agree. We're still implementing EU directives on product conformity, etc, simply because we sell product in the EU. Any business that exports goods or services into the EU market will still need to comply with EU regulations.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    You’re an anti-Semite as well as a racist and general bell-end.
    He's also quite a specific bell-end across several narrow categories.

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    I've done some Brexit work with a client who has offices in the UK & EU - typically splitting them into different parts if there is no deal.

A lot of stuff I've worked on over the last few years has been EU regulatory like Solvency II. I think after Brexit a lot of these regulations will go and there will be work to back them out.
    Same here re reg work for the last 10 years. But avoided Brexit projects cuz I thought its a fad lol

What do you mean by back them out? You mean UK Regs equiv to EU?? But I am not sure, if the regs going to be the same, then by default all the clients who implemented the EU regs and made the required changes / reporting in the systems would be compliant.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    If there is a no deal, Ireland can start making and selling stilton.
    And they'll be able to spell whisky correctly...

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    If there is a no deal, Ireland can start making and selling stilton.
    Ireland doesn't have the right cows, they need to be red, white, and blue. But if there's no deal, and geographical indicators are part of a deal, then I guess Ireland could make any old blue cheese and call it Stilton.

I better call the warehouse and ask them to extend the SKU material number range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X