• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dominic Raab: Drop the backstop or the UK will not extend Brexit transition period"

Collapse

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Transition is more needed by the UK than EU, why on Gods Earth EU will drop it? Not with 700k people on the streets on London demanding 2nd ref, next time it will be 2-3 mln - I am going to join too (had no idea it was planned for today, otherwise I would have gone).
    Better get the Met ready for that one. Cloae on the roads in central London. Going to need police on duty in full riot gear to control a march of 2-3 min (minimum)

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Raab: Drop the backstop or the UK will not extend Brexit transition period

The UK must not agree to extend the Brexit transition period unless the EU ditches its demand for a backstop, the Brexit Secretary suggests today.

Writing in The Telegraph, Dominic Raab said an option floated by Theresa May of the UK remaining tied to the EU beyond December 2020 would only be an “alternative” to the insurance plan insisted on by Brussels.

His intervention will be welcomed by pro-Brexit MPs, who reacted with fury to the Prime Minister’s suggestion that the Government could offer to extend the transition period “by a few months” as well as agreeing to a backstop.

Brussels has insisted a fallback mechanism is necessary to protect Northern Ireland from a hard border if negotiations...

Dominic Raab: Drop the backstop or the UK will not extend Brexit transition period

Transition is more needed by the UK than EU, why on Gods Earth EU will drop it? Not with 700k people on the streets on London demanding 2nd ref, next time it will be 2-3 mln - I am going to join too (had no idea it was planned for today, otherwise I would have gone).

Working...
X