• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A question to Brexiters ..."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Is that what you tell NLYUK?
    I wouldn't dare.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's not meant to be fun for you.
    Is that what you tell NLYUK?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Fun? Bloody hell, you're easily amused.
    It's not meant to be fun for you.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Firstly, you've made a logical error: 'uber-intelligensia', as you put it, is only a sub-set of 'not thick as pig tulip'.

Secondly, you (understandably) show a lack of insight into what it is like to be bright for some people: I get through my work very quickly and easily and am also easily bored. So CUK is an ideal place to have some fun at the expense of cretins like you.

HTH
    BISDI
    Fun? Bloody hell, you're easily amused.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    So, along with "sasguru" you're also a self declared member of the "Uber-Intelligentsia" are you?

If you were that bright mate you wouldn't be wasting half your time on this forum.
    Firstly, you've made a logical error: 'uber-intelligensia', as you put it, is only a sub-set of 'not thick as pig tulip'.

Secondly, you (understandably) show a lack of insight into what it is like to be bright for some people: I get through my work very quickly and easily and am also easily bored. So CUK is an ideal place to have some fun at the expense of cretins like you.

HTH
    BISDI

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Lack of expertise in a specific field is manageable, if one isn't thick as pig tulip like you are.
    So, along with "sasguru" you're also a self declared member of the "Uber-Intelligentsia" are you?

If you were that bright mate you wouldn't be wasting half your time on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm no expert on the de-industrialisation of India
    We can add that to a long and ever-growing list.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Should precede each of your posts.
    Lack of expertise in a specific field is manageable, if one isn't thick as pig tulip like you are.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    I'm no expert...
    Should precede each of your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm no expert on the de-industrialisation of India but:

Why do you think one economic academic paper constitutes "facts"?
    Did you do a comprehensive literature survey?
    Did you find any opposing views?
    Did you consider what the academic consensus on the matter is?

Your analysis is at the level I would expect from someone with a Desmond (maybe from Strathclyde)
    It is an interesting paper and such papers move the debate along, but you are fundamentally right. I do have some expertise in historiography.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Might I suggest you read http://www.nber.org/papers/w10586.pdf from the National Bureau of Economic Research?

Just to let some facts into the discussion.
    I'm no expert on the de-industrialisation of India but:

Why do you think one economic academic paper constitutes "facts"?
    Did you do a comprehensive literature survey?
    Did you find any opposing views?
    Did you consider what the academic consensus on the matter is?

Your analysis is at the level I would expect from someone with a Desmond (maybe from Strathclyde)

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    And not just plunder. There was also the policy of deindustrialisation. Particularly in India.
    Might I suggest you read http://www.nber.org/papers/w10586.pdf from the National Bureau of Economic Research?

Just to let some facts into the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Since you want to look at the world objectively, I would suggest that since much of the UK's wealth is built on plunder from various areas around the world, that means that the ancestors of a wider variety of people from around the world have contributed to the UK's wealth than you think. And that applies to any ex-colonial society.
    And not just plunder. There was also the policy of deindustrialisation. Particularly in India.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post

I also suspect those in the so called piece have ancestors who have actually given to their various societies unlike the economic migrants coming in.

So the point is null and void when you look at it objectively.
    Since you want to look at the world objectively, I would suggest that since much of the UK's wealth is built on plunder from various areas around the world, that means that the ancestors of a wider variety of people from around the world have contributed to the UK's wealth than you think. And that applies to any ex-colonial society.
    Last edited by sasguru; 24 May 2018, 06:40.

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
    go back through history and go from there. If all you do is look at MSM you'll be doomed to stay ignorant.
    But all 'history' is subjective, so you're doomed -whatever that means- in any case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X