• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has Brexit become some kind of religion?"

Collapse

• CoolCat
    replied
    "politics is a system that 1) selects against skills needed for rigorous thinking and for qualities such as groupthink and confirmation bias, 2) incentivises a badly selected set of people to consider their career not the public interest, 3) drops them into dysfunctional institutions with no relevant training and poor tools, 4) centralises vast amounts of power in the hands of these people and institutions in ways we know are bound to cause huge errors, and 5) provides very weak (and often damaging) feedback so facing reality is rare, learning is practically impossible, and system reform is seen as a hostile act by political parties and civil services worldwide."

D Cummings

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Good to see you're coming to terms with your incontinence.
    Coming to terms with your intransigence more like!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be!"

Shaunbhoy

Good to see you're coming to terms with your incontinence.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be!"

Shaunbhoy

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
    “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
    Plato
    "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations."
    Churchill

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Common or garden cretin it is.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
    Plato

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Was it Nigey who said yesterday "Brexit can't fail"? What does that tell you, if you have an ounce of intelligence?
    Why not top yourself up with an ounce then you would be able to work out the answer for yourself, instead of coming on here gurning constantly?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I apologise for my lack of clear communication.
    No need to. You have consistently set a very low bar, so our expectations were adjusted accordingly.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Of course I could accept your apology if you were apologising for the right thing; the hypocrisy rather than the clarity, which was crystal clear btw.

Forgive me, but I have a feeling that to answer any of what follows would simply reduce me -somewhat unfairly- to a location of your chosing in your strange allotment.
    Common or garden cretin it is.

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    I apologise for my lack of clear communication. Now that we've worked out there's a continuum, where are you on it?
    You see I'm trying to work out if you've considered the consequences of the complicated interlinked supply chains, passporting for our biggest industry, the status of EU nationals and Brits in the EU, to name but a few complex issues of Brexit, or whether you are, in fact, a common or garden cretin.
    I don't know you, you see, so I can't be sure, but, like the consequences of Brexit, I can make an informed judgement based on the evidence I have.
    Of course I could accept your apology if you were apologising for the right thing; the hypocrisy rather than the clarity, which was crystal clear btw.

Forgive me, but I have a feeling that to answer any of what follows would simply reduce me -somewhat unfairly- to a location of your chosing in your strange allotment.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    But a continuum is a broad spectrum, which you have just reduced to a polarity, then contradicted yourself.

No prizes for you, that's for sure.
    I apologise for my lack of clear communication. Now that we've worked out there's a continuum, where are you on it?
    You see I'm trying to work out if you've considered the consequences of the complicated interlinked supply chains, passporting for our biggest industry, the status of EU nationals and Brits in the EU, to name but a few complex issues of Brexit, or whether you are, in fact, a common or garden cretin.
    I don't know you, you see, so I can't be sure, but, like the consequences of Brexit, I can make an informed judgement based on the evidence I have.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    For remain ultras, I think it has become a spiritual state of embitterment, yes. It's a head explosion of indefinite duration.

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    It's not binary, it's a continuum.
    In your world, do you believe in prizes for all and that everyone's IQ, knowledge, experience and expertise is identical?
    But a continuum is a broad spectrum, which you have just reduced to a polarity, then contradicted yourself.

No prizes for you, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sensible enough to know that one cannot reduce Humanity to the super-brainy and the dumb. Do you polarize everything in your world?
    It's not binary, it's a continuum.
    In your world, do you believe in prizes for all and that everyone's IQ, knowledge, experience and expertise is identical?

Leave a comment:

• glebe digital
    replied
    Which is more likely, you're super-brainy and have worked out the various scenarios or you're too dumb to understand the complications?
    Sensible enough to know that one cannot reduce Humanity to the super-brainy and the dumb. Do you polarize everything in your world?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X