• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tory Brexit DOOM™: House Prices Crash now imminent"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Not necessarily. When no one is interested in paying back the debt only servicing the interest then as long as interest rates stay manageable the 'solution' can roll on for ages. They'll just try to deflate the debt by reducing the value of the currency it is held in.

See the USA and how they keep rolling on their national debt obligations. UK are just doing the same. No intention of paying back the debt, just need to avoid drowning under the interest charges. Same applies to consumers on easy mortgage rates and leasing for other things like cars.

So may as well spend spend spend. Worse that can happen is you have to declare bankrupt and they take the shiny stuff away, but unless things have changed very recently there is no desire to repossess houses due to bad mortgage payments, all part of the 'solution'. After a few years of being bankrupt can start again from a slightly worse off position credit wise.
    The cunning of Brexit is revealed. I kind of like it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Not necessarily. When no one is interested in paying back the debt only servicing the interest then as long as interest rates stay manageable the 'solution' can roll on for ages. They'll just try to deflate the debt by reducing the value of the currency it is held in.

See the USA and how they keep rolling on their national debt obligations. UK are just doing the same. No intention of paying back the debt, just need to avoid drowning under the interest charges. Same applies to consumers on easy mortgage rates and leasing for other things like cars.

So may as well spend spend spend. Worse that can happen is you have to declare bankrupt and they take the shiny stuff away, but unless things have changed very recently there is no desire to repossess houses due to bad mortgage payments, all part of the 'solution'. After a few years of being bankrupt can start again from a slightly worse off position credit wise.
    I agree. And of course you did not mention Greece and the other Southern Euro countries.

Initially people will feel like wage slaves. Then enough people will borrow with no intention of repaying. It will take in generation. In the meantime, party on Wayne. Paryy on Garth.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can you define imminent? I reckon imminent = another generation.

The normal economic cycle was ruined in the early noughties. The debt bubble "popped" in 2008. It was then decided that the solution was more debt.

Now the bubble is unburstable. It has to be kept inflating.

What I *want* to happen is for it to be burst asap as the longer it goes on the worse it gets. What will happen is that people will keep borrowing more and more and become wage slaves.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Can you define imminent? I reckon imminent = another generation.

The normal economic cycle was ruined in the early noughties. The debt bubble "popped" in 2008. It was then decided that the solution was more debt.

Now the bubble is unburstable. It has to be kept inflating.

What I *want* to happen is for it to be burst asap as the longer it goes on the worse it gets. What will happen is that people will keep borrowing more and more and become wage slaves.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    7.5% - is that all? My Mum enjoys telling me what is was like when interest rates were 15% or whatever it was when she and my dad bought the farm in the 80s. What are the chances that we will see rates like that again at some point?
    You ain't seen nothing until living through 2100% annual inflation...

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    7.5% - is that all? My Mum enjoys telling me what is was like when interest rates were 15% or whatever it was when she and my dad bought the farm in the 80s. What are the chances that we will see rates like that again at some point?
    Were you and the mods included in the sale of livestock?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Not hit double figures since '91 but was common in the 70s and 80s by the looks of it. Could be inneresting when Corbyn takes power
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Hopefully, very fooking slim!!
    Not hit double figures since '91 but was common in the 70s and 80s by the looks of it. Could be interesting

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Hopefully, very fooking slim!!

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Graph doesn't look like much without earnings but the I'm quite certain the increase of earnings is not matching this slope. It'll normalise by about 40% me reckons. Be at least 1000 miles away what that bubble bursts.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Tory Brexit DOOM™: House Prices Crash now imminent

Tory Brexit DOOM™: House Prices Crash now imminent

"Analysis by London & Country, the mortgage broker, found that someone who made monthly payments of £766 on a 25-year £200,000 mortgage could have to prove that they could afford repayments of £1,478 at a rate of 7.5pc."

Bank of England tightens mortgage rules: what it means for you

Working...
X