• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SA online how to declare capital gain from share sale"

Collapse

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    If the value of your disposals is greater than 45 odd k (its in the notes) you do need to declare even if there is no cgt due.
    Indeed, or if you have a capital loss that you want to carry forward to use in future.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    If the value of your disposals is greater than 45 odd k (its in the notes) you do need to declare even if there is no cgt due.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    Happens so often I lose the will to correct it myself any more!
    Opps and I should know better as my misses is called Clare and spells it Clare, sorry Clare

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Clare
    Happens so often I lose the will to correct it myself any more!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Thanks Claire, my total capital gains was not over 10.9k or over £43.6k (I wish had been ) so looks like I dont need to delcare it.
    Clare

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
    You may not need to declare it:

You'll need to complete the tax return Capital Gains Tax page if either of the following apply:

your chargeable gains - before deducting any losses - are more than the Annual Exempt Amount - £10,900 in 2013-14
    the total amount you received from selling or disposing of assets is more than £43,600 in 2013-14

HM Revenue & Customs: What to report to HMRC for Capital Gains Tax

So if there's no gain and the proceeds were less than 4 times the annual exemption, nothing to report.
    Thanks Claire, my total capital gains was not over 10.9k or over £43.6k (I wish had been ) so looks like I dont need to delcare it.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    You may not need to declare it:

You'll need to complete the tax return Capital Gains Tax page if either of the following apply:

your chargeable gains - before deducting any losses - are more than the Annual Exempt Amount - £10,900 in 2013-14
    the total amount you received from selling or disposing of assets is more than £43,600 in 2013-14

HM Revenue & Customs: What to report to HMRC for Capital Gains Tax

So if there's no gain and the proceeds were less than 4 times the annual exemption, nothing to report.

Leave a comment:

• SA online how to declare capital gain from share sale

Hello,

How do I declare any capital gains on my SA from a share sale, I'm within the capital gains allowance threshold so no tax to pay but not sure how to put it on the return ?

Also when I bought the shares I was charged a trading fee 11.95 and stamp duty, do I need to factor these in on the figure I put on the SA so total cost to me was shares + fee + stamp duty or do I just list the actual cost of the shares only not including fee and stamp ?

Also what about when I sold the shares, do I just need to enter the figure the shares sold for before or price sold for - trading fee - PTM levey (PTM levey being some charge for trades over x value) ?

Thanks
    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 11 June 2014, 13:09.

Working...
X