• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Holding AGM - Coy Act 1985"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Thanks Clare, I might dispensate it .... ironically at the next AGM

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    You can still elect to dispense with the requirement to hold an AGM, even if you're not incorporated under the new Companies Act.

UKcorporator - UK Company Incorporations

There's some useful guidance here: About Us - Guidance

I tend to agree with Jessica though

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    THanks for that Jessica. I like to pose more complex random questions

No just me. In that case I'll then keep generating the AGM minutes I have with myself every year. Not a huge task but does seem a bit pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    God knows. In reality unless you have external shareholders, or a potential hostile shareholder issue, eg marriage beak up, no one really worries. Even then I would expect the courts to look behind the actual protocol of AGMs and investigate the reality of management, eg quasi partnership, Ebrahimi v Westbourne Galleries Ltd Ebrahimi v Westbourne Galleries Ltd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a topic Holding AGM - Coy Act 1985

Holding AGM - Coy Act 1985

Just brushing up on some paperwork as I've moved office and making sure all my accounts are sparkly clean and thought of a random question.

The requirement to hold an AGM was abolished in the companies act 2006 unless your articles of association require you to hold one. So I had a read of my articles and I can't find anything in there about holding an AGM. There is stuff about requiring a quorum but nothing that states I must hold a meeting at least once a year.

Would the articles specifically state "the company will hold meetings once a year" or is it written in Table A and assumed that you'll hold them unless your articles state that you will not?

Working...
X