• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone used mvlonline"

Collapse

• Jessica@WhiteFieldTax
    replied
    Inboxed from a client today:

Jessica,

I just wanted to let you know that the liquidation of XXX Ltd is for all practical purposes complete. Thanks very much for your recommendation of MVL for the liquidation, the process was very efficient and I would recommend them to anyone else in a similar situation.
    Best regards,
    XXX.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetfr34k
    replied
    final distribution made ..

Another happy customer of mvlonline.

I used MVL online after recommendations of friends and reviews over here, and I am happy to have gone with them.

Chris has been prompt in replying to my queires and the processes was very smooth.

Final distribution was made last week, in around 9 weeks after i started the process. It will take a bit more to strike off the company, but my part is done .

Thanks Chris

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Cheers Richy,

Having a few queries about the volatility in time taken for our cases to be completed. Some are being done in 2 months, most about 3, the odd one taking 4-5.

Inevitably it's down to tax clearance. Most of the slower ones the loose ends weren't all tied up before we got involved. VAT registration being left open and HMRC lodging a claim is the most common cause of fairly big delays. Liquidators aren't able to do much online with HMRC, so we're heavily dependent upon snail mail, with HMRC's typical processing times often being a month. When there's a few bits which need to go back and forth that's where the 3 months can be exceeded.

Leave a comment:

• richy_rich
    replied
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to give a thumbs up to MVL Online.

It's taken just short of 2 months to complete but just received the final distribution.

I too had concerns about passing control of my funds to a 3rd party but after performing some due diligence I was happy to go ahead.

I'm off to invest my cash in some high interest savings accounts now

Cheers, RR.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
    There is a box on the Capital Gains page of the tax return in which you state the amount of the capital gain which is eligible to entrepreneurs relief.

Hope this helps!
    Craig
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Anyone any idea how you claim the entreprenuer relief on your self assessment tax return ?
    Box 4 on page CG1.

Leave a comment:

• Craig at Nixon Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Anyone any idea how you claim the entreprenuer relief on your self assessment tax return ?
    There is a box on the Capital Gains page of the tax return in which you state the amount of the capital gain which is eligible to entrepreneurs relief.

Hope this helps!
    Craig

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ylee15
    replied
    another happy customer

My process is complete through MVL Online. It is one of best streamlined services. Thank you, Chris, for this great work.

Leave a comment:

• Zeus69
    replied
    Service par excellence

I have just finished using MVL Online Ltd and I can honestly say they have provided an impeccable service.

The only delay to the whole MVL process was the incompetence of Nat West Bank who refused to release funds to them

Well done MVL Online & Thanks Chris

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorNoMore View Post
    Keen to share my positive experience with MVLonline.co.uk and contribute to a few more people saving a few more quid! Thanks Chris.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1734775
    excellent service from those guys

Leave a comment:

• ContractorNoMore
    replied
    Another happy customer

Keen to share my positive experience with MVLonline.co.uk and contribute to a few more people saving a few more quid! Thanks Chris.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1734775

Leave a comment:

• BiggieBig
    replied
    As the initiator of this thread I felt the need to come back and share my experience with MVL online.

Firstly I reinforce the above statement

These guys were excellent throughout very professional and efficient. Also all disbursements made within the time scales initially quoted. No hidden extras very straightforward and painless process.

Leave a comment:

• mrGA
    replied
    I used mvlonline

I just liquidated my company with MVL. These guys are good. Very patient and they make a point of letting you know how each and every bit of the liquidation works, no smoke and mirrors and no hidden extras. I was quoted by a liquidators recommended by my accountant and they worked out about 3x more expensive and wouldn’t put a figure on some of their expenses. The MVL guys work online (e.g. e-signatures/ e-docs) to make sure the process is clear, fast and efficient. Can’t recommend these guys highly enough. Probably like you I was a bit nervous about turning over the company to these guys (after all they’re internet based) but gave these guys a go after checking their credentials (they’re companies house registered, Estate’s gazette for their previous liquidations, Insolvency Practitioners registered etc) and it worked out very well.

I’ve got no association with the company just happy to share feedback when I come across something worth shouting about!!

Leave a comment:

• Lazylobster
    replied
    I have and my process is completed and all is well in the world.

I took the liberty of meeting Chris to discuss the process. Like a lot of people considering this avenue, its only natural to have concerns. Especially when it's your hard earned at stake.

However, despite my bank being completely useless with dealing with the liquidation ( Lloyds, idiots !) All was completed in good time and with the minimum of input by myself.

Happy to take PM's from prospective users of this method if you have other questions.

Best
    LL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X