• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tax credits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax credits"

Collapse

• matzie
    replied
    Short answer - yes, include dividends, and these should include the dividend tax credit (which is a completely different type of tax credit, not a benefit - you really *need* to understand this one or you'll be out on lots of calculations, so do what ever you need to in order to get that clear in your own mind)

Also, don't forget that the disregard for in-year increases in income over the estimate for CTC/WTC purposes has reduced to £10k this year from £25k last year.

This is the first year in over a decade I've not received any tax credits at all - I have four kids but contracting has trebled my income :-)

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    HM Revenue & Customs: Other income - how to work it out for your tax credits claim

Leave a comment:

• Wakefield Ram
    started a topic Tax credits

Tax credits

New to contracting and would like to know what you should base estimated income on for Tax Credits purposes? I am using a Ltd company set up. Is it salary plus dividends? Net profit of the company? Any help welcome

Working...
X