• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accounting Software"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• backrubber
    replied
    Earnings Tracker and MyBookkeepingManager

You could try:

Earnings Tracker - Free Bookkeeping Software, Free Accounting Software for Contractors and Freelancers

or

Bookkeeping Software for Contractors, freelancers, and other Micro Businesses

They're not full accounting packages, but they might do the job. Both deal with the VAT FRS.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Have a look at liquid accounts or clearbooks.
    Last edited by ratewhore; 22 March 2011, 18:40.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Get a copy of SJD's spreadsheet, you have to create a logon on their website but it's free to download and use. Worth a look
    WHS

In the past they have even changed the VAT rate when someone on here asked them to, and that person wasn't even a SJD customer.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Get a copy of SJD's spreadsheet, you have to create a logon on their website but it's free to download and use. Worth a look

Leave a comment:

• zedAccounts
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of using some online (or offline) accounting package. Whilst it isn't that hard to record everything, making sense of it all when I'm not an accountant (or even a bookeeper) or that great with spreadsheets is.

A mate recommended quickbooks, but it doesn't support Flat Rate VAT (which I use) OK it's not a big hardship, but if I'm shelling out I may as well get something that does it.

Anyone got anything to recommend?
    You may wish to google zedAccounts to try a free accounting package. It handles VAT FRS.

ZED.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Freeagent is good if you want something that gives an overall summary in a non-accountantish way.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    started a topic Accounting Software

Accounting Software

I've been toying with the idea of using some online (or offline) accounting package. Whilst it isn't that hard to record everything, making sense of it all when I'm not an accountant (or even a bookeeper) or that great with spreadsheets is.

A mate recommended quickbooks, but it doesn't support Flat Rate VAT (which I use) OK it's not a big hardship, but if I'm shelling out I may as well get something that does it.

Anyone got anything to recommend?

Working...
X