• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accountants in Hampshire"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As the post isn't linked to a thread about someone asking about accountants I thought it was odd.
    I posted in a thread next to this one and thought why not post a thread especially. I don't get a kickback.

Your comment about location is of course true from the perspective of doing the work, but bollocks when considering the premise of proximity.

Having used accountants over the years remotely, I find that they are faceless & difficult to track down. I had my first Accountant (who advertised through CUK) right royally screw me over. They were in Manchester and I was in the South. So was a pain to go and challenge them.

Personally I like the 121 interaction, I like to see the person face to face and also have the opportunity to pop in and talk to someone. Hence I now prefer someone local.

Having tried a few accountants in Hampshire, the one I presently have I am more than happy with. The cost isn't the cheapest, but I am able to pop in and discuss with them Plan B's or ask about different expenses/costs/contracts/ etc I may have read or heard about. The owner of this firm(about 12 people) always gets back to me and is always happy to see me.

So if you want a decent, talk to someone, face to face, tell it like it is, and what's best for you accountant and you're in Hampshire, drop me a line and I'll provide a link.

Otherwise, go nameless & faceless.

No skin off my nose.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    FFS - Why can't anyone just take a post at face value?
    As the post isn't linked to a thread about someone asking about accountants I thought it was odd.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    RG / GU postcodes.

If you are looking for a new accountant who can help you set up, or looking to move then I can recommend mine based.

£75 per month + VAT, and will also set up.

Just PM me if you want the contact.

MF
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why do you get a kick back?

BTW as long as the accountant is not allergic to email, fax, the post and the telephone they can be anywhere in the country.
    FFS - Why can't anyone just take a post at face value?

PM him if you want the contact..... DON'T if you DON'T.

Many of us like to deal with Local Accountants - so we can meet them face to face (or even cos we think its lucky!).

Recommendations are always a good start when you are looking.....

(Or possibly MF is being an *rse)
    Last edited by Drewster; 22 May 2010, 08:53.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why do you get a kick back?

BTW as long as the accountant is not allergic to email, fax, the post and the telephone they can be anywhere in the country.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Accountants in Hampshire

Accountants in Hampshire

RG / GU postcodes.

If you are looking for a new accountant who can help you set up, or looking to move then I can recommend mine based.

£75 per month + VAT, and will also set up.

Just PM me if you want the contact.

MF

Working...
X