• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Company closure

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Company closure"

Collapse

• csharper
    replied
    Originally posted by csharper
    No, there is no company account. The company has never traded or earned even £1.
    I meant company bank account.

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I take it that there's no company bank account?

If there is, empty it of money & close the account before informing Companies House.

Otherwise Fat Gordon is likely to get whatever is there.
    No, there is no company account. The company has never traded and not earned even £1.

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    Originally posted by freshblue
    Probably won't hear from them given the timescale involved. Even if you do, you simply state that it is not trading and never has. Yes, Co's House will provide the data to HMCR too.
    Thanks. I'll send the form and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    Probably won't hear from them given the timescale involved. Even if you do, you simply state that it is not trading and never has. Yes, Co's House will provide the data to HMCR too.

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    Originally posted by freshblue
    Ok...complete the form and get it closed down. Any reason why you don't want to keep it dormant? Would save some costs if you need one again?
    But what about Inland Revenue? How will they know that it's closed? Will they be notified by companies house, or will I have to do so?

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    Don't I need to pay tax to the Inland Revenue for the company or its employee (e.g. myself)?

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    Ok...complete the form and get it closed down. Any reason why you don't want to keep it dormant? Would save some costs if you need one again?

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    that's form 652a

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    well I did call them and the lady said I need to fill the form 658a, and she wouldn't answer any other questions!

Leave a comment:

• planetit
    replied
    Have you tried asking Companies House?

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    replied
    Thanks. But the company was formed and is going to be closed before the end of the tax year and no earnings are made, still need file the annual return?

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    Think you may need to submit an Annual Return (will depend on your accounting dates) or otherwise you can close it down, which can take a while.

Leave a comment:

• csharper
    started a topic Company closure

Company closure

Hi

I've been working with one umbrella company since last 8 months.
    Couple of months back I decided to open my company, made my wife and myself the directors of that company. However I never billed through my company and company hasn't earned anything till date. Now I wish to close down that company. Do I need to submit any tax return, will companies house notify Inland Revenue about company closure or I need to do that, will there be any problem in closing down the company in just 2 months after opening?

Please help.

cheers

Working...
X