• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BN66 - Joint Committee on Human Rights"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Finally got a response from my MP. Just a few lines, but apparently she's passed the email on to the JCHR.

Leave a comment:

• gojuro
    replied
    Any info on Edge/Norla?

Help!
    I just heard about this whole thing last week. hmrc sent me a letter informing me of their investigation into Edge/Norla EBT scheme. I worked for them for about 10 months in 2005-6. I was working away from home with daily b&b expenses and flights home to Scotland every 2 weeks. I was unable to claim enough expenses to make it worth my while using an umbrella arrangement and was told the EBT scheme would be better and perfectly legal (they are still claiming the scheme is in operation and nothing to worry about).

Does anyone know the likelihood of this particular scheme being found liable?
    Given that stringent restrictions were put on contractors using limited companies and claiming expenses for a "second home" or accommodation costs while working away from home as long ago as 1986, I was forced to consider all the options. Unfortunately I didn't choose politics!

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    hey DR, can you email it to me please....you've got my email address....been away for a week hence me being abit quieter than usual!!
    There is a sample letter template on Page 1 of this thread.

DR

Leave a comment:

• smalldog
    replied
    hey DR, can you email it to me please....you've got my email address....been away for a week hence me being abit quieter than usual!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

For once I am pleased that the andyw option lost.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    By my reckoning we have now reached the 50 mark.

The blue touchpaper is well and truly alight...

A big thanks to everyone who joined in.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by MuddyFunster View Post
    Given to Vince Cable.
    Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• MuddyFunster
    replied
    Given to Vince Cable.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    44 letters sent.

Leave a comment:

• Arghhhh!
    replied
    LETTER SENT - VIA WritetoThem website

Hi,
    Have sent letter to Phillip Hammond via www.WriteToThem.com but have had confirmation.
    R.

Leave a comment:

• WavesAtPlay
    replied
    Another one

Posted the JCHR letter today to my MP.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Done using "write to my MP".

I edited the wording slightly to avoid their cut and paste filter. I wonder if I will get a response to this since I've had no response to the previous snail mail letters based on DR's not personally affected, but concerned party drafts.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    For info.

41 letters sent.

And 2 MPs have already made representations to the JCHR.

Leave a comment:

• DonkeyRhubarb
    replied
    Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
    I've just received an email form Mr Davey. He is going to write
    to the JCHR raising this issue.
    Excellent. I think they are going to be getting quite a few such letters, hopefully including one from David Cameron.

I have had 3 more confirmations, so we are now up to 39 letters sent.

Leave a comment:

• PlaneSailing
    replied
    Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
    Sent an Email to Ed Davey Yesterday. I still have no reply from Timms but
    I'm not hanging about for a standard response.
    I've just received an email from Mr Davey. He is going to write
    to the JCHR raising this issue.
    Last edited by PlaneSailing; 13 May 2009, 14:26.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X