• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "inside IR35 expense"

Collapse

• Accountax Consulting
    replied
    just a general piece of advice - I would suggest you have your contract reviewed, if you have not already done so, to make absolutely sure you should be operating inside of IR35.

Secondly if you are considering an umbrella company please see the umbrella company thread and the advice given there.

Leave a comment:

• EvilWeevil
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisl View Post
    Well they are asking me for the money so i assume it is my personal debt not the company.
    In that case, can I have three grand please.

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    Well they are asking me for the money
    Who the agency or the courts? Did you go to the court case? Was the 'defendant' you personally or your company. Are you prepared to provide a bit of background to why the money is due?

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    Well they are asking me for the money so i assume it is my personal debt not the company.
    Forget what they say, what does the judgement say...making assumptions is foolhardy IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• chrisl
    replied

No PI insurance im afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    And if it was due to a problem with your work did you have professional indemnity insurance?

Leave a comment:

• Lewis
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Re the debt, whose is it? Your's personally or your companies which you have closed down? If it's the companies, how liable are you personally for it?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I'd concur on the brolly option if you are within IR35.

Re the debt, whose is it? Your's personally or your companies which you have closed down? If it's the companies, how liable are you personally for it?

Go and speak to a solicitor, they'll offer more value than anyone here.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I have been inside IR35 for a number of years now using my own limited company.

I have had problems with my agency and have recently been to court and it has been agreed that i have to settle around £3,000 to them for the problems that have gone on.

Because of the problems i stopped using my company last year and will look to shut it down soon. I opened up a new one and now work through a new agency too also inside of IR35.

Now i have not got £3,000 spare so i need a loan. I can not take a directors loan as my new company does not have much money in it yet, i havnt been trading for long.

Being inside of IR35 am i right in that i can not claim this loan as an expense anyway. My old company is not trading any longer so i can not claim it against the old company but can i take a personal loan in respect of the problems i had when using the old company and claim an expense against the new company.

Really my question is, can i do anything with the loan i need to get, can i claim anything and reduce my tax liabilities? What is the best way to deal with this problem?

Simple answer: No.

Your old and new companies are different legal entities you can't do this.

If your inside IR35 just go umbrella. esp if you plan to keep getting taken to court

Leave a comment:

• chrisl
    started a topic inside IR35 expense

inside IR35 expense

I have been inside IR35 for a number of years now using my own limited company.

I have had problems with my agency and have recently been to court and it has been agreed that i have to settle around £3,000 to them for the problems that have gone on.

Because of the problems i stopped using my company last year and will look to shut it down soon. I opened up a new one and now work through a new agency too also inside of IR35.

Now i have not got £3,000 spare so i need a loan. I can not take a directors loan as my new company does not have much money in it yet, i havnt been trading for long.

Being inside of IR35 am i right in that i can not claim this loan as an expense anyway. My old company is not trading any longer so i can not claim it against the old company but can i take a personal loan in respect of the problems i had when using the old company and claim an expense against the new company.

Really my question is, can i do anything with the loan i need to get, can i claim anything and reduce my tax liabilities? What is the best way to deal with this problem?

Working...
X