• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "corporation tax - dividends"

Collapse

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by joon1 View Post
    I mean when i work out my tax voucher per dividend do i take away previous CT to calculate new overall taxable profit...

Tax Vouchers for dividends are your personal tax, corp tax is the tax of your Ltd co - they have no connection with each other.

Leave a comment:

• joon1
    replied
    I mean when i work out my tax voucher per dividend do i take away previous CT to calculate new overall taxable profit...

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Not too sure what you mean.

CT is calculated at the end of the year, and is based on the TOTAL profit at that time - not on a month by month basis.

Your calculations seem fine, you calculate the CT which will "probably" be due based on the Profit for each month which you have done.

Leave a comment:

• joon1
    started a topic corporation tax - dividends

corporation tax - dividends

Hi getting myself mixed up again, i was advised on a previous note to calculate CT on a running total not substract every month, so how do I work out my taxable profit every time i pay dividends without taking away CT from previous time eg
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Income received from agent (excluding VAT) £15,750.00

Less: Expenses (including salary, employers NIC and all other costs incurred) £2,815.79

Taxable profit £12,934.21

Less: Corporation Tax @20% £2,587.00

Maximum dividend available for distribution to the shareholders during the month £10,347.21

Dividend paid £9,000.00

Distributable profits carried forward £1,347.21
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Month 2
    Income received from agent (excluding VAT) £24,097.00

Less: Expenses (including salary, employers NIC and all other costs incurred) £6,290.40
    Taxable profit £17,806.60
    Less: Corporation Tax @21% £3,739.39
    Maximum dividend available for distribution to the shareholders during the month £14,067.21
    Dividend paid £10,000.00

Distributable profits carried forward £4,067.21
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    should i not be subtracting first months CT from second months taxable profit or should i keep it seperate?

Working...
X