• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 implications of moving from Umbrella to Ltd mid-contract"

Collapse

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    I don't think it would make a difference.

How does Hector know you are working on the same contract?
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It's not the same contract. The two are with different parties (i.e. first with the umbrella, second with your limited), so how can they be the same contract?

Quite right, I meant client.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Time to get brave and ditch the umbrella then I think

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It's not the same contract. The two are with different parties (i.e. first with the umbrella, second with your limited), so how can they be the same contract?

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    I don't think it would make a difference.

How does Hector know you are working on the same contract?

Leave a comment:

• IR35 implications of moving from Umbrella to Ltd mid-contract

Apologies for the Wilmslow-like tedium of this question, but I could really use some help with it.

I've been working through an umbrella on a gig that has been up until recently fairly IR35 caught. (Contract is IR35 compliant)

Recently the team I've been working in has been cut in size with much of the work being offshored. As a result of the re-structuring that's gone on there's far less D&C and I'd feel more confident of being found outside of IR35 if I was ever investigated.

So my question is this - I've just been offered a renewal and am thinking of setting up a Ltd. Would the fact that I've moved from umbrella to Ltd on the same contract make Hector more likely to take an interest? Would it be more sensible to wait for the next gig before going Ltd?

Working...
X