• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accounts spreadsheet and corp tax calc on flat vat"

Collapse

• chris79
    replied
    Originally posted by dude69 View Post
    Here are my tips:
    • sentences should start with capital letters
    • you only need ONE full stop at the end of a sentence
    • if you are asking for people to spend a lot of their time helping you, it would be polite to spend a bit of your own constructing your request in normal English, ensuring that all your sentences are intelligible
    • professional people generally do not appreciate 'txt spk'
    • if you do not understand basic accounting the best course of action is to pay someone that does. This person is called an accountant.

• Sentences should start with a capital letter.
    • You only need ONE full stop at the end of a sentence.
    • If you are asking for people to spend a lot of their time helping you, it would be polite to spend a bit of your own constructing your request in normal English, ensuring that all your sentences are intelligible.
    • Professional people generally do not appreciate 'txt spk'.
    • If you do not understand basic accounting, the best course of action is to pay someone that does, this person is called an accountant.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Here are my tips:
    • if you are asking for people to spend a lot of their time helping you, it would be polite to spend a bit of your own constructing your request in normal English, ensuring that all your sentences are intelligible
    • if you do not understand basic accounting, the best course of action is to pay someone that does. This person is called an accountant.

I know how you feel though

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Here are my tips: ...
    Harsh. But funny

Leave a comment:

• dude69
    replied
    Originally posted by richy View Post
    Hi. ltd co on flat rate scheme. wondering about final accounts..

flat vat returns have been done, just need to tally up stuff in Expenditure section of accounts spreadsheet. Had been keeping VAT+Net for the outgoings... is that necessary if on flat rate scheme?

so then do I just calc the gross total income of invoices (net+vat) and interest on account, and then deduct all gross outgoings (total of net+vat if any) to leave profit.. and then just 20% of that..?

thanks for any tips. thx. richy.
    Here are my tips:
    • if you do not understand basic accounting, the best course of action is to pay someone that does. This person is called an accountant.

Leave a comment:

• someone has my name
    replied
    Ask your accountant

Leave a comment:

• richy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I pay an accountant to work all that stuff out for me, for good reason.

Thanks for the reply with info

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by richy View Post

flat vat returns have been done, just need to tally up stuff in Expenditure section of accounts spreadsheet. Had been keeping VAT+Net for the outgoings... is that necessary if on flat rate scheme?

so then do I just calc the gross total income of invoices (net+vat) and interest on account, and then deduct all gross outgoings (total of net+vat if any) to leave profit.. and then just 20% of that..?

It might be more complicated than that.

There could be some depreciation on equipment to take into account if any has been bought in this, or a previous, tax year.

Unless your company year runs from 1 April to 31st March then the corporation tax will not be 20% for the entire year so the profit will have to be apportioned to the correct rates accordingly.

Those are just the things that I can think of from myCo's accounts over the past couple of years, there may be other things depending on the circumstances.

I pay an accountant to work all that stuff out for me, for good reason.

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    I'm sure someone will read this and suggest you ask your accountant, thought I would say it first though to spoil the party.

Leave a comment:

• richy
    started a topic Accounts spreadsheet and corp tax calc on flat vat

Accounts spreadsheet and corp tax calc on flat vat

Working...
X