• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Expense policy to clarify"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Cardiff City - Giggs is a fan, and is from Cardiff
    Oh no - now I've confirmed that I am Bluebird.

For the record, I'm also Spartacus and AndyW.

I am not CD or SAS though.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by andy-moo View Post
    Blue bird, why on earth have you got a pic of giggs in that shirt! whats that team out of interest
    Cardiff City - Giggs is a fan, and is from Cardiff

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Blue bird, why on earth have you got a pic of giggs in that shirt! whats that team out of interest
    Bluebird could be a clue (the nickname of Cardiff City).

As for Giggs, possibly wishful thinking but then again with Fowler and Hasselbank in their side it may not seem so daft if Giggs fancies going home for the last few years of his footballing life

Leave a comment:

• andy-moo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• andy-moo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hevra View Post
    Don't get a receipt off the seller, after all, dispensation = no receipt

Hevra
    Don't set them off! you do need a receipt just incase HMRC decide to investigate you (unlikely by the way). Dispensation means your accountancy doesnt have to list all the expenses on a form called a P11D. Just saves them administration burdens.

Leave a comment:

• Hevra
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    and no doubt claim the VAT back as well....
    Don't get a receipt off the seller, after all, dispensation = no receipt

Hevra

Leave a comment:

• jackdee
    replied
    you are in cohorts with yourself - and I want my fiver back [now].

btw - what the f is a cohort ?
    a group of individuals with some characteristics in common.

so maybe he meant your both *********. haha iam kiddin

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    No idea, but you can buy one on eBay, I'm sure.

(And it's a business expense, it says so on my dispensation)

and no doubt claim the VAT back as well....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

No idea, but you can buy one on eBay, I'm sure.

(And it's a business expense, it says so on my dispensation)

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    For the record I do as little as possible, for as much money as possible, as close to home as possible.
    OMG - you are me!

I'll claim my £5 from myself, then!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    For the record I do as little as possible, for as much money as possible, as close to home as possible.
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Nope, wrong again. I have no idea what Bluebird does, or where (although we have had a private discussion about an agency). We are no more cohorts than I am with anyone else on this site, your good self included.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by eddiegee View Post
    and i too think that FAQ, bluebird are cohorts
    Nope, wrong again. I have no idea what Bluebird does, or where (although we have had a private discussion about an agency). We are no more cohorts than I am with anyone else on this site, your good self included.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    going to these sites in a way puts the usuall routine of eating at a reasonable time out the window. I might stop at a Mcdonalds or something because of this. I can claim that as i would usually eat at a normal time if i was at my usuall place of workm, as well as mileage expenses. Thats all i was trying to say, maybe could have gone into more depth.
    Best of luck with it - you could claim that you ate it on the moon (with additional travel costs), but it's not us you would need to convince.

I'd rather just work the extra 20 minutes to get my £26, and know it's clear and I won't have to argue it with HMRC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X