• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Since when have accountants provided agency support then?"

Collapse

• max
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigbird
    This made me smile.

As some of you know, one of my clients is a small independent agency who in the past have engaged a couple of composite contractors. I picked up an email in their general inbox this morning from Paysteam Accountancy Services (sic?) introducing their new Agency Support Team Leader.
    Maybe I'm missing something..but are saying you extracted some of their company email? Was it posted to you?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    actually THAT is a lot clearer than it was before...

interesting to see the differentiation between PSC & MSC and also the "name change" bit in the last but one paragraph...

Leave a comment:

• exbrm
    replied
    HMRC guidance

HMRC posting re: has been updated.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employment-st...ndividuals.htm

A darker shade of Grey?

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Paystream reply

Reply from PayStream Accountancy Services

1. PayStream has been providing accounting, tax and legal services for over thirty years.

2. Our agency support team reviews agency contracts from an IR35 perspective and provides feedback to our contractor clients and the agencies who issue the contracts to ensure compliance. This is an important service for contractors who wish to remain compliant.

3. Compliance with the MSC legislation is in the forefront of the minds of contractors. PayStream is well placed to advise contractors on the impact of the MSC legislation having been involved in the consultation process with HM Treasury and HMRC. PayStream has regularly provided advice to its clients as the MSC legislation has developed and will continue to do so.

If you require any further information please email [email protected]
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 June 2007, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Agency

Interesting....why would a firm of accountants need an Agency Support Team! Hmmm!!

Leave a comment:

• exbrm
    replied
    All for around £2000/year? Bargain!

Leave a comment:

• Since when have accountants provided agency support then?

This made me smile.

As some of you know, one of my clients is a small independent agency who in the past have engaged a couple of composite contractors. I picked up an email in their general inbox this morning from Paysteam Accountancy Services (sic?) introducing their new Agency Support Team Leader.

Originally posted by paystream
    I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the newly appointed Agency Support Team Leader here at PayStream. Some of you may already know me from my previous role within the New Business Team providing illustrations your contractors.

The Agency Support Team is here to work with you the agency, to develop successful working relationships and ensure we are able continue to support our mutual contractors as they develop their individual businesses.

To enable us to do this, I would like to review all contact information we currently hold for your company by asking you to complete the attached form with all your up to date contact details and return it to [email protected] . I would also ask that you highlight any issues you feel need addressing and provide feedback on any aspect of our service that works particularly well or needs improvement.

I would also like to confirm all our contact details for the different areas of our business:

Agency Support – These are the contact details you should use to contact me and the Agency Support Team:
    Tel: 0800 027 0730
    Fax: 0161 929 9983
    Email: [email protected]

Personal Support - For any queries or assistance your contractors may require on any aspect of their company:
    Tel: 0800 027 2340

New Business – For initial consultations and queries on the start-up process:
    Tel: 0800 197 6516

Please continue to email all remittances (breakdown and proof of payment being sent) to [email protected] and contracts can be emailed to [email protected]

I am looking forward to speaking with you over the coming months and developing a successful communication network between both our businesses.

Kind Regards
    Hmmmm. Sure looks like the sort of thing an accountant who is not providing or promoting an MSC scheme would send doesn't it?

So come on then Darren, Simon, Alan, ThePuma, where is your agency support section?

Can't help thinking that Paystream's remaining contractors are kind of walking around with a fuggoff big target on their backs these days...........

Working...
X