• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "South African or European?"

Collapse

• fzbucks
    replied
    by the sound of this threads starter and reply - he basically wants to "legitimately" charge your company for some "legitimate" expense that enables you to "legitimately" funnel money out of your company tax free - wow sounds totally "legitimate" might go for it.

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    And there was me thinking this would be a thread about the average flying speed of swallows....
    PMSL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    And there was me thinking this would be a thread about the average flying speed of swallows....

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by brobi
    If you are from SA or anywhere else in Europe my accountant may be able to help.

I didn't realise being from there was that much of a problem. Is it just accountancy help he gives or is there counselling and medical help available too?

Leave a comment:

• oloks
    replied
    He has said that all calls are stickly confidential.

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    I'm a Saffa, and I have chosen to make the UK my home.
    So I don't see why I should be able to have tax concessions over and above what UK nationals are entitled too?

And when did SA incorporate itself into Europe??

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    If you are from SA or anywhere else in Europe . . .
    Feck! There's another one for the Eurovision next year.

Leave a comment:

• brobi
    replied
    Just a thought

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    If you live here, work here, and are tax resident here, you owe the tax here - end of story. No matter how much you spirit away offshore, you still owe the money on income earned. You can chose not to declare it if you want, but you still owe it, and sending it abroad without declaration is liable to end in a prison sentence if you get caught.
    But what about legit business expenses? Another business charges you for services do you claim it back as an expense? If you had an office, away from home, would you claim it? What if you had an accountant who charged you 250 a year, is that tax deductable? Sure it is.

How about a training course, within the law, would you claim for that? If the IR said that you could claim for use of part of your house as an office would you claim it? YES

What about subscriptions to professional magazines? How about a service that acted as your agent and got you jobs before they were advertised possibly even direct work with large clients, but they charged an annual fee? Would you claim it? YES

You F'in bet that all of you would claim it! If not then your father or mother must work for the Inland Revenue!!! Either that you are getting backhanders from them for shopping other fellow contractors?

Nothing ventured nothing gained but always within the law. I already passed an enquirey for 2 years ago with the same accountant and they were thrilled that everything was so in order and even offered more options that my accountant was not claiming for. We even joked about their premisies in the UK being owned by an offshore company in Bermuda where they pay a tax free, claimable, lease amount that ultimately goes to them! Obviously they could not comment

Leave a comment:

• brobi
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    If you live here, work here, and are tax resident here, you owe the tax here - end of story. No matter how much you spirit away offshore, you still owe the money on income earned. You can chose not to declare it if you want, but you still owe it, and sending it abroad without declaration is liable to end in a prison sentence if you get caught.
    You are one doddgy geezer! No where was I even thinking about that angle but then why would I you are right it is doddgy. So where did you get that idea from obviously looked at it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• brobi
    started a topic South African or European?

South African or European?

If you are from SA or anywhere else in Europe my accountant may be able to help. He is from SA himself and has helped me out in previous limited companies.

He can also assist those from the UK as well on various expenses and accountancy issues that you may not be aware of.

He has said that all calls are stickly confidential.

PM me if you wish to have his details. Some may think this is spam but if it saves you a packet like it has me it might just be worth a look! Apologies if this does upset anyone.

Thanks

Working...
X